Your Club needs you!!! To come help out with racing!!!

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 12 Dec 2009, 14:49

Hey guys it is all starting again & I need your support...

Just ask Matt Wallman!!!....

We are hosting the second last leg of the Sydney Christmas carnivals this year & I need some support in running it and in getting as many riders out there as possible.

It is on Saturday the 2nd of January, racing starts at around 6:15 pm, gates open 5pm at Tempe Velodrome.

Firstly it would be great that anyone who is available on the night. Has a current racing licence & a track bike enter the tempe leg or if you have the money all five carnivals. This can be done through the cycling nsw website by clicking on the online entries section on the left:

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/

Next if you cannot do this then you are probably perfect to help out with running the event by performing one of the much needed jobs for the night!!!! There are an array of jobs to choose from & don't worry if you have never done anything like this before because I will have plenty of people set up to explain & support you on the night.
Personnel required

· Sign on desk 1 min 2 optimal

· Commissaire 1 min 2 optimal

· Starter, Lap Counter, Judge 1 min 2 optimal

· Result keeper 1 min 2 optimal

· First aid officer 1 min

· Canteen 2 min

Please private message me or talk to me at the track if you, your partner or friend are available to help out & yes we will have a BBQ!!!!

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 15 Dec 2009, 09:22

Count me in for a volunteer slot at Tempe on the 2nd. Can cook, clean, sign on, open gates, write things down ... you name it.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 16 Dec 2009, 13:20

This is a duplicate thread ....

see here >> http://dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1564

Simon, can you delete this one pls

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 17 Dec 2009, 05:47

Stuart

The other post is in Track, which I will admit is a forum I don't read. I only only know about it because it is in Conversation.

James

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Dec 2009, 09:00

yeah if we just put stuff in the track section no one reads it, thats why we some times post about races etc in here as well, its like i have only been in the mountainbike section once.

If we only wanted track cyclists to read it (well as in were only worried about them seeing it) we would put it there, but its important for people to see it here too, as we want the whole club involved

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 18 Dec 2009, 09:07

I am not too fussed with this double post although a single post in the Conversation sub-forum would have worked. The Conversation sub-forum is our general section and just about everyone follows it.

An alternative is to post in one forum and then ask a mod to move it to another and leave a "shadow" of the thread in the original forum. Two sub-forums covered through one single thread. Bingo!

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Dec 2009, 09:15

yeah i like the shadow idea, thats why i never complain when some one does that to my threads :D

Return to “Conversation”