Tour de Femme

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Susie

Postby Susie » 15 Oct 2009, 20:55

Dear all,

This is one for the girls.

I have mentioned this to Jessica and Jo.

This could probably also be posted in the Road section of the forum.

On 8 November, the Tour de Femme will be held in Canberra. It both a 20km road race and a participation event. Last year almost 700 women entered between the ages of 12 and 80.

Last year I road on a tandem with a friend from Canberra. I will enter again this year and ride with the same woman. When I rode last year I had only just started riding. It will interesting to see if we do better this year now that I am a bit fitter.

There are women who come from all over to race or ride in the event.

I thought some of you may be interested in racing. It is a good opportunity to race against many graded woman from all around the country.

Last year they let the tandems start first, then the seeded riders about 5 minutes later and then after that everyone else.

For about the first 10 minutes of the ride it felt like we were the only ones on the road and then suddenly the elite riders whizzed by us and then soon everyone else passed us as well. It’s a great atmosphere. There are lots people standing along the street cheering on.

There are a lot of prizes at the end for age groups, etc.

You can find out more on http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/e ... ContId=842

cheers

susie

timyone

Postby timyone » 15 Oct 2009, 22:33

start first hey? get a racing tandom! they are faster than a normal cycl;ist, ride to win :D

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 16 Oct 2009, 17:39

Hey Suzie,

Stuart and I have a dinner on that weekend so no go for me :(. Ride well for the rest of us girls at DHBC

Nada Z

Postby Nada Z » 17 Oct 2009, 20:41

Hi Suzie!

I love the sound of this ride but I have my thesis due on Monday 9th November :( .

Enjoy the ride and like Jo said - make us proud!

Love Nada

Return to “Conversation”