Bobbin Head Cycle Classic - Sunday 24 March 2013

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Bill K CX

Postby Bill K CX » 31 Jan 2013, 09:34

any one participating in the Bobbin Head Classic this year?
Sunday 24 March 2013

http://www.bobbinheadcycleclassic.com.au/

105 km. Experienced cyclists can rise to the challenge of the 105 km ride from Turramurra through Hornsby, Mt Colah, beautiful Bobbin Head, Terrey Hills to West Head, returning through Akuna Bay and St Ives to the start.

58 km. Regular riders who fancy an easier option can choose the 58 km ride which follows the same route through Bobbin Head, before turning around at Terrey Hills.

The 12 km route will suit families and less experienced riders. Travel at a leisurely pace through the leafy, quiet streets of Wahroonga and Turramurra to Golden Jubilee Oval East Wahroonga before returning to the start for lunch with family and friends.

Philip

Postby Philip » 31 Jan 2013, 14:49

I was thinking about it, has any one done it before. If so what's it like?

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 01 Feb 2013, 09:34

I did this ride last year, as did a few others from the club.
The route has changed from last year. We went through Bobbin, across the Hawkesbury to Mt White and back. The organisers wanted to change the route each year to keep everyone interested. It's the normal mix of fast riders to cruising weekend warriors. I had a great time and would like to do it again.

Joe

Postby Joe » 15 Feb 2013, 15:29

I'd like to do it but I will hopefully be here instead – http://www.lerace.co.nz/
If family commitments keep me in the country and entries are still available I'll probably be up for Bobbin.

Return to “Road”