Athlete Lab Sydney CBD

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 19 Dec 2012, 11:49

Hi All,

I'm joining the new VR spin studio in Sydney CBD. http://www.athlete-lab.com

They offer corporate rates however that requires numbers.

As a gauge of interest, are there any others working in the CBD that would be keen for regular classes to get their kms up.

Their clients are typically triathletes but have many roadies in their members.

Let me know if you are keen and I will see if we can negotiate a good rate.

Cheers,

Noel

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 19 Dec 2012, 13:47

I'm definitely interested. Our work site will be almost next door (you'll probably be able to hear the excavators during our training)!

I'm also thinking of giving up my Fitness First membership as I haven't been using it in the city.

And heck, I'm a wannabe triathlete so should fit right in!

GregPankhurst

Postby GregPankhurst » 19 Dec 2012, 15:25

Can I suggest people try this before they commit long term?

I know a lot of people really enjoyed the VR aspect of this, but it just made me feel horribly seasick (and I know others have had the same experience). Shame because I like the concept and it's 50m from my office (what site are you working on Jo?)

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 19 Dec 2012, 18:20

FYI - They do offer a trial session via registering on their site.

I'd suggest trying it out also. I can take or leave the VR aspect, but love the fact i can target my training and get some base in for next year (well thats the plan).

If you do visit, mention that you are from DHBC and let me know if you decide to sign up. If we get 5+ to join on the monthly then the discounts start to kick in.

They also do ride packs for those who don't wish to commit to the full deal. Like Greg, this place is a few blocks from work so perfect for me when I can't get out on the bike.

jonboy

Postby jonboy » 19 Dec 2012, 20:50

It's right around the corner from my work too. Like Greg, I did experience the seasickness vibe when I tried it out (for free).

On balance I'd rather get better organised and do some of the midweek rides to improve my fitness. And having the odd lunchtime run in the botanic gardens is also doable.

If I lived in the north of England with miserable weather I'd be up for this but only live there when I listen to Morrissey on the odd occasion.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Gotta go. It's medication time.

JB out.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 20 Dec 2012, 06:47

Greg, I'm currently working out of head office on Margaret St (just off George) but will ultimately be working on site at 200 George St. You?

I'll give the free session a go early next year and see how I feel.

GregPankhurst

Postby GregPankhurst » 20 Dec 2012, 14:35

9-13 Young St.

If there's a pocket of us at this end of the city, perhaps we could get a loosely organised session riding the domain occasionally. Or failing that, drinking beer at the Customs House

Return to “Road”