Great 28's

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Trouty

Postby Trouty » 18 Nov 2012, 09:30

Just thought I'd mention the 28 bunch today which was a fabulous bunch.

Only 7 - 8 riders so we all had to work. I was rapped to see out of the 7, there were 3 girls that had only recently made the transition from 25's, so they were tentative - but they all did a great job. My advice to them (Svetlana & Kerry) is keep at it, don't stay with the 25's, as you are strong enough - especially when the bunch is bigger. Some days you will get dropped, others not, that still happens at any level, but it makes you stronger. 10 brownie points for Kerry who got dropped at Taren point, but stuck at it solo and caught us at the Sutherland Servo on the way back and rode with us home. Svetlana kept saying she didn't think she would make it......but surprise surprise, got over every hill and stayed with the bunch.

Thanks to the rest of the crew (Denise, Greg, Derek, John, Shazza/Donavon, and tall strong guy whose name escapes me again). They helped out at the front when I dropped back to drag riders back. Calling was great and every one was happy to push harder on sections to give themselves a hit out. A really great ride for C28, although I think we averaged c29 - oops, me bad.

GregGreco

Postby GregGreco » 20 Nov 2012, 11:06

It was a great enjoyable ride, better than I expected when I realised that we were a small bunch with a few from the C25's.
A thing that I took from that ride was that you should never under estimate the power of a small bunch.
Oh yeah, especially with women in the bunch.
Great ride, well done ladies. keep it up.

Return to “Road”