The First middies ride since France

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Trouty

Postby Trouty » 24 Jun 2012, 14:16

Just wanted to comment on how good the middies ride was today. It was a huge group, but very well organised, not a lot if inconsistent surging and lots of calling. Great to see a lot of people that have come up from the 28s. It was a bit harder than I remember before I left, but I think that's just that so many of the riders have got stronger......and possibly the presence of some Fasties on the return leg - who still were controlled.

Lots of people said I should be fit with all the hills in France, and I guess yes, as the way up wasn't too bad, but I did find the way back challenging. The average speed didn't reflect a fast pace, so maybe I still have a lot of toughening up to do! Let's just say I slept a lot this afternoon.

Also good to see 2nd street Michele hold on for a lot of the way.

rhys

Postby rhys » 24 Jun 2012, 21:25

Good to see you back Jo and Stuart.
It was a pretty solid pace, good to see. The way back was a bit of a rush which is fun (when you are feeling good). I had a bit of a mechanical on the way out, and Nick helped me fix it at the end of Bestic St. I tried for about 30km to get back to the middies. It was heartbreaking as I got to within 500m of them, and every time I got a little closer the lights would change and I would get stuck at the red, losing them again.
It would be nice if Marrickville Rd Cafe served beer before 11am. I could really have used one this morning.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 24 Jun 2012, 22:43

Ok, good to see I wasn't the only one that thought the pace back was solid. Shame about your malfunction, I hadn't even noticed you dropped off.

Return to “Road”