Heffron 19.05.12

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 21 May 2012, 08:54

I raced at Heffron on Saturday afternoon in C grade. DHBC was well represented with Alex Chubbs and John Nugyen in A grade; and Glenn and Christian in B grade. C grade was a very aggressive race. The Easts club had 10 riders in the field of 18 so they raced very tactically as a team (which felt a little over the top for c grade at heffron park!). They did many one-two attacks off the front with other Easts riders controlling the front of the bunch and not chasing. Without any team mates I had to realy on RBCC to cover most of the breaks. When I did cover a break, I tried to slow things down and control the race from the front, knowing that it was easier to control a move on the front. After 14 laps of continous attacking it all came down to the predictable sprint finish. When the rider in front of me slowed/gave up in the spirint I knew I was in trouble as I was stuck on the far right of the track. I chased hard to get to the front but came in forth in a close finish. I was disappointed because I knew I could hadn't given it my all.... but that's racing and I should have fought harder for position a few wheels in front of where I was. Tatically it was a really exciting race to be in ... something I can thank the Easts club for! It was also pretty fast. It was the first time I've raced in the drops for most of the race. We averaged 37.8km/h. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/179598556

timyone

Postby timyone » 21 May 2012, 18:24

I really hate when clubs do that sort of team tactic thing :S But I wonder how much we would do it if we could

Julio

Postby Julio » 21 May 2012, 21:19

I helped Fat Tony 'AKA' Anthony Pham to his first heffron crit win with some team tactics by leading out a three man sprint coming round the bend. I attacked leaving john ex-dully rider now club-uni to ride around anthony who was on my wheel to bridge the gap leaving him with nothing in the tank to go after Anthony who wound up his sprint with 100 to go. Now we had talked about this before the race in joking tones but when the situation arose it was almost as if we had planned it all along.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 22 May 2012, 08:54

woah! Julian you have a racing licence!!!
woohoo. might see ya @ hefron some time

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 22 May 2012, 22:11

I'd just like to say thanks to my domestique John for leading me out, for the bunch sprint in A grade. Sadly there were five riders in a breakaway who had already won, but it was fun to do well in a sprint none the less.

Glenn82

Postby Glenn82 » 26 May 2012, 20:18

I'd like to thank the tarmac for breaking my fall on the second last lap.

Return to “Road”