C25's & C28's to Waterfall in light rain

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Trouty

Postby Trouty » 17 Jul 2011, 14:28

Looks like there were very few hard core riders in Sydney today with the DHBC group only sighting 2 other teams on the road. Weather wasn't too bad with very light rain - we had 2 bunches out today. C25's led by Eleri and the slower C28's supposedly led by me, although in reality the bunch was very democratic. All pulling turns, making calls and controlling the pace line. Most aggressive rider today goes to Adam on his new Roubaix who usually rides with the 25's - but rode strong through out the day even doing a very long turn on the front. No more 25's for you Adz. Thanks to the rest of the group for a relaxed and enjoyable ride - even though my Garmin still says we averaged 29.2 to my front door.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 17 Jul 2011, 16:12

The C25's got passed by a Sydney City bunch and a something Rd Cycles bunch. We also passed one tri-club bunch as well. Nice ride really as I turned at Sutherland and therefore didn't get rained on really.

Great ride from Adam - already fast! (bastard) ..... :shock:

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 17 Jul 2011, 17:02

None of us got wet actually, kind of damp at best. Most of the wetness came from road, so as long as you sat on the front you didn't get wet or dirty :)

I'm really glad I was motivated to get up for this ride. I had invited 2 people onto the ride so felt I really had to turn up. As it turned out, we all had a good time, despite a couple of flats. I knew we should have stayed on the road and not gone on the Cook's River bike path.
Great ride from Adam - already fast! (bastard) .....
So not fair. He's going to be able to beat me soon and Jo and Camilla will evict me from the women who can beat their HABS club :(

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 17 Jul 2011, 18:00

So not fair. He's going to be able to beat me soon and Jo and Camilla will evict me from the women who can beat their HABS club :(
His success has only started since the purchase of his new bike. We can always sabotage that Eleri. From my perspective he has carbon, you have steel - that's an unfair advantage right there. Time for a new Bike.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 17 Jul 2011, 21:23

C 28s did 29.0 kms average per hour.

Thats 'C' for 'Circa'.

That's the speed it will stay.

Anything greater (and with skills) is Middies. Congratulations on all those who have graduated to Middies .

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 17 Jul 2011, 21:36

From my perspective he has carbon, you have steel - that's an unfair advantage right there.
Steel is real..... :D

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 18 Jul 2011, 12:20

C 28s did 29.0 kms average per hour.

Thats 'C' for 'Circa'.

That's the speed it will stay.

Anything greater (and with skills) is Middies. Congratulations on all those who have graduated to Middies .
Actually the C stands for "Cruisers"!!.

Return to “Road”