DHBC Criterium Championships ROUND 3 - Sunday 15/05/2011

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 09 May 2011, 22:36

DHBC Criterium Championships ROUND 3 - Sunday 15/05/2011

Team time trial. Grades will be broken down into teams of 4 riders ideally, based on riders individual positioning on pointscore, teams will be made in the spirit of fairness and everybody giving it ago, ie the fastest and slowest rider in one grade should be in the same team. Teams will race over a time period like half an hour. One rider from the team must be riding at all times, other team member are permitted to take as many laps out as needed so long as one rider continues to set the time. Points will be allocated to teams as per placing in overall race with all of a team receiving the score of the highest placed rider. So if there are 6 teams of 4 riders each in a grade the winning team will all receive 16 points, 2nd will all receive 12 points, 3rd 8 points and 4th 4 points

Criterium: Sunday 15/05/2010
Start time: 7:30am- 8am
Expected finish time: 8:30am-9:30am
Cost: $5 for racing
Prize money: nil.
Who can race: anyone with a racing licence

The plan is that everybody meet at Mick Mazza's at 6:30am as usual & ride out together race & ride back as like last month. The route has been found to be suprisingly safer & quieter than expected.

Riders will need to enter through the pedestrian gates as the main gates will be locked. For driving you will need to park on the street

If anybody chooses to drive out or is coming from another direction & doesn't know where dunc Gray is; here's the map:
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?id=29416

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 10 May 2011, 04:58

Bugger...missed it again, off to Goulburn. One day I will get to ride the DHBC Crit.

PeterOS

Postby PeterOS » 10 May 2011, 09:00

Yeah.. I'll have to miss this one too due to a previous engagement.

orphic

Postby orphic » 10 May 2011, 09:33

I also have to miss :(

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 10 May 2011, 09:54

I'm in.

rhys

Postby rhys » 13 May 2011, 11:04

I'll probably show up for this one.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 13 May 2011, 12:21

I'm out - going to do Waterfall as have a 100k Cyclo Sportif next weekend and need to do some k's.

chuckdbacon

Postby chuckdbacon » 13 May 2011, 14:47

Argh, it's come around too soon: bike is currently a mess after coming off at 55kph two weeks ago.

Skin has healed but chainstay cracking and dents haven't =(

andrewb

Postby andrewb » 13 May 2011, 16:30

I'm in. Any other E/Fsters going?
Andrew

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » 14 May 2011, 18:53

im out. sick as a dog. still got a chest infection from canberra.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 15 May 2011, 11:27

I slept in.

wallman

Postby wallman » 15 May 2011, 12:03

It was a beautiful, cool morning at Dunc today. We had about a dozen riders all up, so split them into 3 grades for a handicap, with C having 5 laps start on B who then had 3 laps start on A. By halfway through the 40 lap race it looked likely that B grade were going to win overall, and that's the way it turned out, with B catching C and A failing to catch B.

Results:

Overall (and B grade):
1. Anthony PB
2. Travis
3. Amy

C grade:
1. Alison
2. Andrew

A grade:
1. Simon L.
2. Alex C.
3. John N.

Congrats all!

timyone

Postby timyone » 15 May 2011, 23:58

ok here we go with the pics, first up we have the winner ina hotley contested sprint, Alison. It was a long hard race in C grade today, a race full of attacks, sneaky sprints, and some hardcore endurance, it was only a bike wheel that sepperated the two when it came to the crunch.

Thanks to the true Dulwich hill spirit that is inpnanted in this boy, Andrew was still in high spirits, perhaps because his 40 minutes of hell were over, and only coffee awaited him, but still good to see.

Up next we have our hardcore sprinters, who didnt actually get to have a hardcore sprint! We have Anthony Pham who hasnt been able to make it to his leg weight coach (Patrick Mr Muscles Noble)'s sessions, which has left him with less than big legs, which is really the sad site in this photo. And on the left we have our very own national hero, off to some hard core Hawaii navy action, where he will be taking his bike, and hopefully doing some spin session along the way, in order come back from life on HMAS some thing or other as a real RAW contender

Next on the list of photo importance we have the other guys from the race, the "enduros", though loosely named so in Anthony Platts baggs case, as he is still a hardcore beefcake of a mountain bike riding, weight lifting sprint man, who eats crit races for breakfast. In this grade the goal of the bunch was to hold off A grade who were hottly on their heels for the entire race. Some one did however forget to explain this work together bit to Travis, the grades top male enduro (well either this or he was being coached by Simon 'Attack a lap' Llewellyn). This grade really did have a heap of attacks and changes in lead, small break away's and the like, as the struggle for power (instead of the team till the sprint) race powered through. The biggest move was a final attempted break away by Travis with 3 or so to go, which didnt succeed in cracking Anthony or Amy, but surprisingly didnt end his race as i predicted. Travis then sat in, and then on the front before coming second to Anthony in the final sprint.

(notice the smiling and look of love for the sport in each of their eyes, some what lacking in the next shot...)

And finally we have our A graders, surprisingly missing 'mechanical' Matt Wallman, 'Skinny' James Fowler, and Tim (the dummy Spit) Llewellyn. The most surprising bit about this is actually that only Tim actually lined up for the race, and was still beaten by these hobits?! (there is a prize of a mintie for any oe that can pick Frodo).

The A grade race was a tight smooth affair that could have almost been a proffessional clean working machine of a group, if it wasnt for simon feeling the need to instead of continuing this perfect rhythm which would improve the chances of catching the grade ahead by muliples of 8. Instead Simon put in an attack on the rider who had just pulled off the front every time he got there. This did seem very impressive when it cracked every ones favorite dummy spitter (Tim LLLLLLL) early on in the race, but may have worked out to be a less than perfect tactic later on in the race when he was still continually doing it, later on, and the group were only racing for 4th place..

Return to “Road”