Cruisers Waterfall Ride - feedback

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Trouty

Postby Trouty » 09 Feb 2009, 13:55

Ok - I had some feedback on Sunday that some people thought in spots that the pace for the Cruisers was a bit fast. The pace should be to the slowest rider as I guess that is the point with slowies. I hadn't realised people were struggling to keep up at Grand Parade , as we had some good callers/sweepers on the back and I was sure they would let me know if the group was breaking up. Geoff finally did get on the front to slow the pace down.

This week - there will be no GEOFF so I will get the more experienced people to help with call's, keeping the pace, sweeping etc. I know some riders might want to go faster......but if that is the case you will have to go with the Middies (at the 32km an hour average speed they were going on Sunday - GOOD LUCK).

Maybe when Lindsay gets back, and the cruisers group at Waterfall is still large - we can split into 2 groups to make it less intimidating for the newbies. Or a group of us can latch on to the Middies - but still be a big enough group to feel like we are not riding alone if we get dropped. Let me know if you have any other feedback.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 14:10

All a good sign. It's just a natural progression that riders will improve, especially from the Slowies pace to Middie's. Moving up to the Fast group takes a bit more work though.

christian

Postby christian » 09 Feb 2009, 14:49

As Weiyun said, riders improve. I think the Middies pace could have been a bit high, and maybe some of those guys should be riding with the fast bunch. Keeping in mind that when we went from two bunches to three bunches the fast bunch did not get any faster, so if you could keep up then, then you can keep up now.

Everyone in the Cruisers should get some experience riding on the back for the lane change calls etc, same goes for the front, keeping a constant pace, deciding if a lane change is required.

Its not just being stronger and faster that enables you to go up to the next bunch, it also has a lot to do with confidence and bike handling skills, because the faster you go the more important it is.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 09 Feb 2009, 15:39

Everyone in the Cruisers should get some experience riding on the back for the lane change calls etc, same goes for the front, keeping a constant pace, deciding if a lane change is required.
Don't worry - I'll get everyone doing there job on Sunday. There is enough experienced people in the group to do it no problem. Although we all will miss Lindsay's FAST tube changes!!!

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 09 Feb 2009, 16:32

So I was one of the riders who thought the pace was too fast at some points and I got dropped going up Kings Way. I acknowledge that some of this is due to the after effects of my chest infection but the Sunday slowies is meant to be just that. Riding at around 25kph most of the way and slower up the hills. I thought that several of the riders were more than capable of riding with the middies (I told one that and got into marital trouble!), although it seems that some of the middies should be riding with the fast bunch if they averaged 32kph.
I'll be back this weekend and try to actually make it to Waterfall but I think we need to keep the slowies slow. If the pace is too slow for you it's time to move on up.

eric

Postby eric » 09 Feb 2009, 16:48

Why don't the group try Echelon at a slow pace so everyone will have a turn at the front ,middle,back .

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 09 Feb 2009, 17:32

I haven't ridden as much as I might like to on Sundays, but my limited observation is that the middies group seem to be fasties going to middies..rather than slowies going up to middies...of which I should be one. How about us slowies wanting to graduate, put our hands up now and declare our intention to ride in middies..and get this group going in a fair dinkum way. I can think of a few of us now who should go up ....former Slow Coach now Middies Coach Jo, Miguel, Andres, Amy, Matt, Camilla, Daryl...and no doubt others. Maybe we should be graded according to peer group assessment...and have to ride with our selected grade ... hmmm....maybe not. But why don't a few of us declare on this forum what group we should be riding with. I'll ride Middie on Sunday.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 09 Feb 2009, 17:57

How about us slowies wanting to graduate, put our hands up now and declare our intention to ride in middies..and get this group going in a fair dinkum way. I can think of a few of us now who should go up ....former Slow Coach now Middies Coach Jo, Miguel, Andres, Amy, Matt, Camilla, Daryl.
If there are enough slowies that will up to middies, I am happy to go up, as "when" I get dropped I am sure I won't be completely on my own. However, I will give this a go when Lindsay and Geoff return from touring, and hope at least a couple of the other regulars will stay back to lend a hand on Sundays. I think there may be only 2 Sundays to go before they get back. Oh....and thanks insomniac for the vote of confidence!! I surely wasn't going at any middies pace at the RNP ride - in fact - I was cursing that you talked me into it all the way up the HILLS !!

Have fun in the middies group for those that are going up this Sunday. :D

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 18:13

Just remember, no pain, no gain.

If you feel the pain at points, then you should thank those who have unleashed the pain on you. If you get dropped, then the bunch should throttle back to regroup. If you get dropped again on the Slowies, then someone needs to drop back with you. For other bunches, you'll just need to work harder and try again and again the coming weeks. :lol:

In my experience, Kingsway, Princes Hwy around Loftus Oval and the last hill before the flat of Waterfall are the three killers. You can easily measure your progress accordingly.

PS. The position of "Slow Coach" is now open.
Last edited by weiyun on 09 Feb 2009, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Michele Wood

Postby Michele Wood » 09 Feb 2009, 18:14

Insomniac, I'll going to give middies another go on Sunday. Did it yesterday with some encouragement from Scottish Pete and was able to keep up till the turnoff at Waterfall. From what i've been told, it was a pretty fast Middle group so I thought I did OK.

C'mon Jo, give it a go!

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 09 Feb 2009, 18:24

C'mon Jo, give it a go!
No worries - when Lindsay comes back I will join you guys.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 18:31

Until she picks up her next title, Jo shall now be known as "Ex-Slow Coach". :lol:
Last edited by weiyun on 09 Feb 2009, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 09 Feb 2009, 18:32

If there have been more ex fasties in middies than ex slowies, perhaps the pace for middies has been a little hotter than it should of been - and therefore some slowies may have felt a little intimidated to move up. So if more of us "graduating" slowies moved up to middies, maybe others will feel more confident of moving up. Initially at least, the faster middies (ie fasties now in middies) may drop the slower middies, but if there is enough of us former slowies this should not be a problem and we can keep our pace (which is hopfully faster than slowies). Anyway what is middie pace 30-32kmh???

Good on you Andres and hopefully Jo (in a couple of weeks), thats 3 of us!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 18:37

Remember, not that long ago we only had two bunches. And if you look at the average speed for the full return trip, the difference really isn't that large. In my experience, the key problem for riders moving up are those three hills. If you can power up with the bunch you are with, then you can go all the way. Of course, some strategy helps eg. Get to the front and control the pace at the start of those hills. And if you should drop back, at least you are a good 20-30m ahead of the last rider in that bunch. For the rest of the way, learn to wheelsuck and don't burn yourself out at the front.

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 09 Feb 2009, 18:44

The few times (twice) that I've ridden with fasties, its the Kingsway that gets me. But, think this is more than just fitness, I find it hard to get the right gearing...I've got a compact gearing and up front, on the small cog up Kingsway I spin too much to keep up the pace, got to get use the big ring but then scared I'll do my legs in. Riding withe the fasties have made me realise there is a downside to compact gearing...maybe its just in my head, man.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 19:26

The few times (twice) that I've ridden with fasties, its the Kingsway that gets me. But, think this is more than just fitness, I find it hard to get the right gearing...I've got a compact gearing and up front, on the small cog up Kingsway I spin too much to keep up the pace, got to get use the big ring but then scared I'll do my legs in. Riding withe the fasties have made me realise there is a downside to compact gearing...maybe its just in my head, man.
What cassette have you got in your CT setup? With 12-25 or 11-25 cassettes, I just stay with the 50 ring for the full Waterfall ride. 34 is saved for RNP and those days when I bonk out. With the 50, I can keep a good 80-90 cadence up Kingsway and I think you should try it too. At the end of the day, it's all about the amount of power you can generate with little harm to your knees.

I would not say there's any negatives with the CT setup unless your cassette is poorly paired or you aren't making good use of it. The only problem I have with it is on the return ride to Sutherland. If I am on my Bianchi with the 12-25 cassette, I would spin out and get dropped routinely on those fast sections. If I am on my Ridley with the 11-25 cassette, then I can hang on around 50% of the time.

But don't be discouraged, Kingsway can be a killer and you should use it as a challenge. I've been through it too and lost count of the number of times I've been left to practice ITT. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer ITT for the return leg to Sutherland as I always worry about the safety aspect of those fast bunch rides, especially during the times before they resurfaced the breakdown lane.

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 09 Feb 2009, 20:08

to tell you the truth, I don't know what I've got on the back. But yes I think need to stay on 50 up front. With the fasties, get scared I'll bonk out. Also though, so many people say spin, though I get a feeling this is somewhat of a myth dressed up as a truism...there are times when I don't mind grinding out a bigger gear. Ok what is ITT?

Daryl

Postby Daryl » 09 Feb 2009, 20:39

Sunday's pace was definately quicker than that of the previous week. And I thought it was just the extra hill run on Saturday and my dodgy cleats coming loose!

Are there any calls for regulating the pace of a bunch? As I have been on the front a few times (and I have been guilty of setting the pace too fast), I can't really tell if it is too fast or too slow for the flats and hills. I do a quick head check every now and again to make sure that the bunch is still together but everyone has their poker face on. So, would be great for some way for anyone to pass the message on to the bunch leaders about the pace.

We probably also need to establish for each bunch if we are go as a bunch after Waterfall or make a mad sprint in a pace line. I remember it was a bit daunting as a newbie seeing everyone take off and not entirely sure of the way back and where to stop.

I don't mind giving the Middies a go but if the Cruisers need slightly more experienced riders more than happy to do that too.

I was also testing out the Nokia Sportstracker application on my phone and have some stats:
Duration: 3h13m
Distance: 81.4km
Average Speed: 25.3kph
Maximum Speed: 63kph
Minimum Altitude: 18m
Maximum Altitude: 270.5m
Stops: 12
Also shows the route, speed & altitude vs time on a graph. If anyone wants a PDF of the session, message me your email address and I'll get it over to you.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 09 Feb 2009, 21:04

Good discussion, to ensure we get it as right as we can.

I agree that people are pushing too fast in their respective bunches.

Middies were way too fast at 32.5kms per hour. That was 0.5kms less than fasties. It needs to come down by at least 1.5kms per hour, and nothing more than 29kms per hour to Waterfall. Its not a handicap race to keep the fasties chasing from behind and get to 7/11 first. (although I do encourage those interested in such behavour to put their good energy to use by planning to race in the Ken Dinnerville Memoral Handicap race in May!)

Speed is not the only indicator one is ready to go up. Make sure you are familiar with bunch riding, signal calling, communication, etc, before going up. In the meantime, keep your strength in check whilst you focus on technique.

Having said that, I'm sure there are quite of number of Cruisers ready to graduate to Middies, and also some Middies to Fasties. If in doubt, have a chat with one of the more experienced riders.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 21:44

to tell you the truth, I don't know what I've got on the back. But yes I think need to stay on 50 up front. With the fasties, get scared I'll bonk out. Also though, so many people say spin, though I get a feeling this is somewhat of a myth dressed up as a truism...there are times when I don't mind grinding out a bigger gear. Ok what is ITT?
You'll only bonk if you didn't feed yourself before the ride. The only thing that'll stop you on that Kingsway climb is your aerobics/leg power. As for spinning, you can sustain it if you have the leg power and even greater aerobic capacity for which spinning demands. And there's certainly no point in spinning with an excessive cadence if it can't generate the power you need. So just get back to a more reasonable cadence without going down to the ridiculous. It'll be fine for your knees.

ITT = Individual Time Trial. Another way of saying being dropped and left to ride solo for the rest of the way. :cry:
Last edited by weiyun on 09 Feb 2009, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Feb 2009, 21:52

Sunday's pace was definately quicker than that of the previous week. And I thought it was just the extra hill run on Saturday and my dodgy cleats coming loose!
This past Sun was quick for everyone and there's a reason for that... We had a tailwind going down to Waterfall. For the ride to Waterfall, GeoffM and I were doing over 30km/h, and that's just impossible normally for a two men effort at our level.

The easy way to know how everyone is coping with the pace is to use your ears. If there's incessant chattering, then you are too slow. If the bunch has fallen eerily quiet, then you know that everyone is dying and you may want to drop the pace a tad. But is also a good sign if you are deliberately trying to make others suffer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I thought Waterfall's peak elevation was around 250m and we were definitely not 18m above sea level on Grand Pde.

christian

Postby christian » 10 Feb 2009, 07:33

One other issue I see with our current setup is that the fast bunch doesn't catch the slow bunch until just before waterfall. Now this is great if we all want to finish at the same time. But if you want to move up a bunch and are worried about getting dropped before Waterfall, then there may not be a slower bunch behind you, so you'll have to ride it solo and hope to catch a bunch at the servo.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 08:04

The original idea was to allow the bunches to catch up by around Kingsway, so that the Slowies and Middies can sweep those who got dropped by the faster group respectively. By the look of things last Sun, the Middies didn't catch up to the Slowies until close to Waterfall. Guess the tail wind towards Waterfall changed everything.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 10 Feb 2009, 08:10

Are there any calls for regulating the pace of a bunch?
Yes - when I yelled out from the back at the start of Grand Parade "can we slow it down on the front" that was a signal to go slower! Unfortunately I didn't make this call again at Kingsway as everybody but me seemed to be coping OK and Geoff was on the front.
I was also testing out the Nokia Sportstracker application on my phone and have some stats:
Duration: 3h13m
Distance: 81.4km
Average Speed: 25.3kph
Interesting as Jo's cycle computer says average 28kph (more likely) and that's at home. (Mine says 24.9kph and I was by myself all the way back from Sutherland) Normally the average to Bestic St is at least 1kph higher than the avg at home. My average when I turned at Sutherland was 26.8kph - I can't believe the bunch went slower after that given that the average normally jumps a good 2-3kph on the return from Waterfall to Sutherland 7-11.
I think Nokia need to work on their product :shock:
Last edited by Stuart on 10 Feb 2009, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 10 Feb 2009, 08:15

The original idea was to allow the bunches to catch up by around Kingsway, so that the Slowies and Middies can sweep those who got dropped by the faster group respectively. By the look of things last Sun, the Middies didn't catch up to the Slowies until close to Waterfall. Guess the tail wind towards Waterfall changed everything.
The Middies came by as the slowies turned from the Kingsway onto Princess Hwy and two fasties (or was that some dropped middies?) came past me on the Princess Hwy just before Old Princess Hwy as I asked them to tell the slowies I was turning at Sutherland.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 08:29

Given that the Slowies is the level for beginning riders, Stuart, you might be a good lead for the Slowies at this point in time. If you can't cope, then no newbie rider can cope. As for the graduates, they should just move to the Middies this Sun. Given the normal distribution, the Middies bunch should by default be the largest.

Daryl

Postby Daryl » 10 Feb 2009, 08:31

Interesting as Jo's cycle computer says average 28kph (more likely) and that's at home. (Mine says 24.9kph and I was by myself all the way back from Sutherland)
And my cycle computer says 27.1kph with only a max of 59kph. I think our cycle computers are a bit more accurate...no reliance on satellites and their delays in signals.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 08:41

And my cycle computer says 27.1kph with only a max of 59kph. I think our cycle computers are a bit more accurate...no reliance on satellites and their delays in signals.
I think it's just a limitation of your Nokia software. It just didn't properly take into account of the bike's stop time in its calculation.
Last edited by weiyun on 10 Feb 2009, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 10 Feb 2009, 08:43

Given that the Slowies is the level for beginning riders, Stuart, you might be a good lead for the Slowies at this point in time. If you can't cope, then no newbie rider can cope. As for the graduates, they should just move to the Middies this Sun. Given the normal distribution, the Middies bunch should by default be the largest.
I agree Weiyun and normally I should be able to fulfil this role in Lindsay's absence and he did indeed ask Jo, Geoff & I to lead this group while he was away. It has only been the last two weekends following my return from the USA with the flu that I've failed to make it to Waterfall and last weekend I basically just gave up and went home due to a combination of factors I won't bore you with.
I still see slowies or cruisers or whatever we call them as the starting point for Waterfall and it should be a no drop ride which Lindsay does very well - but I was playing sweeper last weekend and I got dropped! Hopefully I'm back to my mediocre self this weekend and I'll make it all the way with all riders sharing all the roles from pace setting to calling.

christian

Postby christian » 10 Feb 2009, 08:45

The phones GPS is not going to be very good, the horizontal precision isn't going to be much better then 5m and the vertical is going to be much worse, I'd be surprised if it better then 20m. The bike computer is always going to give a better result unless you have $50k worth of GPS on your bike.

Frank.S87

Postby Frank.S87 » 10 Feb 2009, 08:54

my Cycle Computer said average 27.7km i remember checking with daryl @ Brighton le sands on the way back his was 27.8 i think. maybe the ride home changed the outcome.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 09:08

The phones GPS is not going to be very good, the horizontal precision isn't going to be much better then 5m and the vertical is going to be much worse, I'd be surprised if it better then 20m. The bike computer is always going to give a better result unless you have $50k worth of GPS on your bike.
Actually, you'd be surprised by how accurate and fast consumer phone GPS units are these days, especially with the assistance of mobile phone tower triangulation. Those GPS chip makers haven't stopped working for the last 3-4 years. Given unobstructed signal, even the elevation data can be quite decent. But I just find it hard to believe that Daryl can be 20m off the ground when Al has taken all the pennyfarthings down to Tasmania.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 10 Feb 2009, 09:35

When we set up the 3 groups, Slowies/Cruisers had a no drop policy, while Fasties had a drop ok policy.

As discussed here, the middies needs a review, it seems to be suffering from the following problems;
1. its going too fast.
2. there isn't enough riders in it.
3. its captainless

Perhaps we should advertise a particular Sunday to be a Middies step up ride, so those riders who want to have a crack at Middies can feel that this is the day to do it.

geoffs

Postby geoffs » 10 Feb 2009, 11:16

Average speed for last Sunday was 27kph. I was sweep back to the servo which is why my speed was a bit down on Daryl and Franks.
When checking back over the last few weeks the average has been about 24kph.
There was a tailwind on the way down and I didn't see the need to get on the front to keep the speed down until Taren Point where I stayed until the turn around. Everyone did their own thing to the servo as per normal. On the way back it wasn't until I saw that people were starting to struggle a bit that I went out to the front to slow us down from the 32kmh into a headwind. By slowing back down to 28kmh everyone was able to keep up with no problems.
There were only two riders that found the pace a bit fast until it was slowed down. All the riders were regulars except for Rob, who was on his second waterfall.
Colin did a great job as sweep on the way back.
Each time that the cruisers was broken up by lights or traffic, the front group slowed down so they could catch up and reform.
Although this week this group was smaller than what we have had lately I think it's important that we do wait as this hasn't been happening as much since we have been larger. This means the sweep gets separated from the main group for each mechanical.
There are a few that need to move from the cruisers up to the middies.
When we get back from Tas I'd be happy to lead the middies if that's acceptable by the group.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 10 Feb 2009, 16:05

There are a few that need to move from the cruisers up to the middies. When we get back from Tas I'd be happy to lead the middies if that's acceptable by the group.
Wow good to see everyone having their say.

I am pretty sure the strong slowies will be happy to move up if there are a few of them as then they won't be alone if they get dropped. The point of going up is to push yourself. THis leaves the slowies to have a cruise ride and not be intimidated. Happy to have Geoff lead it when he gets back but a few of the strong slowies can start before then anyway. We just need to check with Lindsay now and then that he has adequate help with the slowies. Stuart for the moment will be there.

Have a great trip in Tassie Geoff - it will be all sorted when you get back.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 16:11

There's really no reason to be scared or dislike an ITT effort after being dropped, especially if you know the way. Given that no one is at exactly the same level, an ITT is the best tailored training for you, and only you. Riding with someone or in a bunch would either stretch you (good) or slow you down, leading to reduced training value.

timyone

Postby timyone » 10 Feb 2009, 16:16

man every time i seem to turn up to the middies group it is a bit of a try and see how long before the fast catch :D last time i was there we made it to waterfall :D with three of us :D

But yeah, im totally cool with slower :D for any one interested in it as track training, especially a sprinter, it doesnt matter how fast we go, as long as it is 80km of riding, the less effort can be even better for a serious hardcore track rider, under 140 heart rate (though thats as in a match sprint rider :D

micklan

Postby micklan » 10 Feb 2009, 17:14

The middies made it to the 7 eleven before the fasties last sunday - we started with a group of 8 riders - and a few had stepped up from crusiers (Colin et al). We left at 6.33am from Mazza's. Caught the Cruisers at Miranda. And then 1 or 2 tucked in with the Cruisers. For the most part Peter captained (the Scottish one). Peter and I led out to BLS. Simon a new rider was on his second ride and found the 32.2 kmph av speed a shock. This after his first ride he was with only 3 riders the week before due to all doing RNP. Most middie rides are slower than last Sunday, but Simon did some strong efforts on the front. We'd gone to single file by Audley turnoff.

I think the guys who came with the middies worked very well as a team training ride...this may have been my PB ever Waterfall ride and totally satisfying - now to work on RNP. Every middie is a leader (at some stage anyway)

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 10 Feb 2009, 20:20

There's really no reason to be scared or dislike an ITT effort after being dropped, especially if you know the way.
I'm actually not scared of being dropped.....but more worried about the hour it will take me to change my tube if I get a flat!!! If worse comes to worse Weiyun - I will have your mobile programmed into my phone and you can always ride back to fix it.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Feb 2009, 20:56

I'm actually not scared of being dropped.....but more worried about the hour it will take me to change my tube if I get a flat!!! If worse comes to worse Weiyun - I will have your mobile programmed into my phone and you can always ride back to fix it.
No problems. But I suspect the stream of riders on that route are going to compete to assist a lady in distress. :wink:

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 11 Feb 2009, 07:02

I can't really talk about the three groups on Sunday given that I have never ridden with any of them. However, I ride regularly with Renegade and they also have 3 groups. For them, the middle group is the hardest one to manage as you have the biggest range of ability/fitness in there.

You have those who have just made the step up from the slower group, who are struggling to hang on, and those who probably should be riding with the fast group sitting on the front.

Most of what I am saying here is targeted at the slow and middle group, as from what I can gather, the fast group is pretty much a free for all anyway.

Each group should aim to stick to their specified speed, which means that the middle group shouldn't worry about where the fast group catches them, otherwise they will simply be a second fast group, which makes the step up from the slowies harder.

My suggestion is this, for anyone who is likely to take a turn on the front of either of those two groups, make sure that you have done a turn either along Grand Parade, or Taren Point Rd (between Holt Rd and Captain Cook Rd), why? Because they are flat. Get on the front, sit on the correct speed, and then try and get a feel for how much effort you are putting in. That way, whenever you are on the front and going up hill or down dale, that is again how much effort you should be putting in. In a group that is aiming for a specific speed you should always ride to effort. Not Speed.

The next thing, is how do you work out whether you should move up? If you find that you can spend a long period on the front, and you peel of more to give someone else a go, and you finish the ride and you think "Lets do that again!", then you should move up. When you do, I suggest that you let the other group know, hopefully, they will keep an eye on you. Also, try and ride towards the middle of the bunch, if you are on the back, you will get hurt by the elastic band effect more, and if you are starting to hurt, odds are you will vanish with a barely audible whimper... By riding in the middle, it is more obvious to the other riders if you are starting to hurt. In your first couple of rides, don't feel obliged to take a turn on the front, I have seen too many riders who are struggling to stay with a group do the decent thing and take a turn, to only be immediately dropped when they peel off.

From what I gather, the fast group is a bit of an exception to these rules, maybe the fast group should look at being a bit slower (as in stick to 32km/hr) on the first and third Sundays of the month, this way it is an encouragement for the faster middies to try their hand, and an encouragement for the quicker fasties to make use of the Park Ride.

James

Return to “Road”