DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 27 Jan 2016

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 29 Jan 2016, 13:30

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. And are now well rested for the new school year and continued training.

Welcome to new club member Jessica Biddle who has regularly been at training and has transfer across from North Sydney CC. looking great in the new jersey.

There were 12 riders that braved the weather, no it didn’t rain for a good session.

The first session saw Angela and Aidan getting lots of laps with the aid of Alison, Tess, Caitlin and Mia.

We had more riders for the second session. Starting with a 10 laps warm up Paceline followed by the first drill, accelerations. 2 x 3 efforts in groups. After a short break, a Chariot race over 10 laps. With the faster rider on the front. The speed the riders up I added 2 sprints. The first won by the team of Rohan and Ruby and the second by Alison and Jono. The finish was a closely fought between Rohan and Ruby, Alison and Jono and Sandro and Tess. I had the give the win the Sandro and Tess as the others had split more than 2 bike lengths form their partner so relegation was in order.
With time to spare, net was an elimination race. The start was handicapped with some on the back fence and others between turn 3 and 4. Everyone had grouped together the lap before the first elimination. Sandro was first to go followed by Alison, Caitlin, Will, Jess, Tess and Luke. The bell lap was a cat and mouse between Jono and Rohan with Rohan crossing first.
Finishing the session with a 10 lap warm down Paceline.

House keeping
Riding Licence renewal - a number of you need to renew as your riders licence which expired on the 31Dec2015. Renew now so you can continue to train next week. I’ll be checking licences next week and if you don’t have a valid licence you can’t ride on the track. Receipt for the renewal is ok as proof of payment

Upcoming events

With the track session nearing the end, there are only a few track events remaining

30 Jan – Central Coast Open – entries closed
6 Feb – Wagga Wagga Golden Wheel
13 Feb - NSW U9-U13 Track Championships – Dubbo
14 Feb - 2016 Dubbo Track Open
25 Apr – ANZAC day carnival - Bowral

Birthdays

Most January birthdays has already past so belated Happy Birthday to Aidan, Jonathan, Momo, Hugo and Bat. Hope you all had a great day
This week it’s Juliette’s Birthday, Happy Birthday, hope it’s a great day for you .

A big thank you to Alison.

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”