DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 27 May 2015

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 29 May 2015, 16:06

Hi All,

Another great turnout on Wednesday night with 24 riders on the track over the 2 sessions. The cold temperature have not deterred anyone.

The early session started with a 10 lap Paceline to warm up.
Then a short drill, 1 lap cruise, 1 lap standing, 1 lap seated sprint and 1 lap standing sprint.
While the more experienced riders rested, Alison lead the new/little ones all over the track, up and down the banking everyone with a smile on their faces.
Next pursuits, 3 laps for the U13 and 2 for the U11’s. This was to practise starting and a little endurance not racing each other.
More laps for Alison’s group while my group rode as slowly as possible around the track then a short warm down.

The late session started with 2 Pacelines 10/15 laps, then similar to the early session, 1 lap cruise, 1 lap standing, another cruise then seated sprint, cruise, standing sprint and final cruise lap. Some very red faces and sore legs at the end of the drill.
Everyone then paired up with a rider of the same speed to ride as pair with the lead rider controlling the speed and position on the track. Then changing leaders after 6 laps for another 5 laps.
We then mixed the pair for a pair race(chariot race) over 6 laps. For most of the race there were 3 lines cruising around until with 2 laps to go the speed increased, reaching top speed on the final lap with Ruby and Taku coming over the top of the other across the line to win.
Then a short warm down to finish the session.

House Keeping.
Warm Clothing - as the winter approaches it’s time to get out your jackets, long fingered gloves, longs and shoe covers. Better to be able to take off a layer then not having one to put on!

Cleats - Please check your cleats for wear and replace if required. I will be checking again soon so keep an eye on your cheats for wear

Upcoming Events

RAW is tentatively start on Friday the 19th June. I’ll let you know more when I have more info

The NJTS 2015-16 has been announced. The dates are:
Sydney: Round 1 Dunc Gray - October 2 & 3
(12pm to 6pm & 9am to 3pm)
Melbourne: Round 2 DISC - November 14 & 15
(10am to 4pm & 9am to 3pm)
Launceston: Round 3 Silverdome - December 4 & 5
(5pm to 10pm & 5pm to 10pm)
Adelaide: Round 4 Super Drome - January 11 & 12
(5pm to 10pm & 10am to 4pm)

And this year U19 Women are eligible to ride on U17 gearing.

I have emailed the eligible riders and I’m still awaiting confirmation from some of you. Please reply soon

Birthdays
I missed Oliver’s Birthday a couple of weeks ago. Hope you had a great birthday.

Thanks to Matt, Bernie, Jen, Tess, Alison and Caitlin for your help

‘til next tomorrow
Colin

Return to “Track”