DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 17 Dec 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 19 Dec 2014, 10:51

Hi All,

Now only 6 more sleeps until Christmas

We had a great turnout for the last training session of the year. Especially good to see Tim & Tom Clark and Sead Saleh taking to the track to ride with the Juniors
There was no real plan for the night, playing it by ear as James and I rode.

As I was not record keeping, I can’t remember the makeup of the teams as they changed for each race
After individual warm up the first race was a 4 man/woman Italian Pursuit. James and I taking the last rider position. James’ team romped it home first.

Next, as more riders got onto the track, we tried a relay race. Like an Italian, the two teams lined up on the fence but only one rider per team raced and as they passed the Pursuit line the next ride started off the fence. Again James and I were the last riders and again my team can in second. Everyone enjoyed this race so we mixed up the teams and ran it again. Same result, a theme starting, as James’ team came in first.

Next a Secret Sprint, with the help of Bernie, Alan and Jen. It was even better to be riding with the juniors than running the drill as the banter within the bunch was always positive and encouraging all riding.

We finished the session with a Team Pursuit. For most I think it would have been their first attempt. Starting with a combined U17/19, Sebastian, Sarah, Ruby and Alison, over 6 laps. The team rode very well together putting in a good time of 3:37.03. Then the U15’s, Caitlin, Max, Lawrence and Tess, over 6 laps. Had a target to beat, set by the first team. Again the team rode very well with all sharing turns on the front. Crossing in 3:46.38. We then ran a combined U11/13 over 3 laps with Mia, Genevieve and Georgia. A great time of 2:04.87
Lastly it was the coaches and parents. James, Tim, Sead and myself, over 6 laps. We were racing for our pride, we had to better the make set by the first team. We did not ride well at all, we were all over the place with huge gaps between the front riders and the back riders. Somehow we pulled it all together on the last 2 corners and crossed the line in 3:21.98

So the time have been set. Next Christmas we’ll run the Pursuit’s again, with new teams as the rider's age groups will change, and see if we can better this first attempt.

House Keeping

CA Licence renewals
Please make sure that you renew your riders licence as all Gold race licenses will expiry 31 Dec
I will be holding licence checks next year. No licence, no riding.

First Training of 2015
The first Juniors session will be the 14th Jan, gates open 4:30 ish for the 5pm start.
Seniors training will be held as normal for those currently getting in the extra sessions

Upcoming events

Track events

Dec 26, 28, 29 & 30 –Junior Christmas Carnivals
Jan 10 - Goulburn Track Open
Jan 16 &17 – NJTS Round 4 Adelaide
Jan 24 - Central Coast Track Open
Jan 31, Feb 1 - NSW Junior (U15 & U17) Track Championships – Entries close 18Jan
- 250m standing lap
- Sprint
- individual Pursuit
- time trail
- scratch race
Feb 7 – Wagga Wagga Golden Wheel Track Carnival
Feb 14 – Dubbo Track Open
Feb 14 - NSW U9 – U13 Track Championships (Dubbo)
Feb 25 – Junior Track Championships (U15 & U17)
Mar 21 – NSW Junior Metros

Keep an eye on the Cycling NSW Events Calendar for updates and entry

DHBC Christmas Carnival 28th Dec
Volunteers are required for this event

Birthdays
Only Three Birthday this week. Happy birthday to Erin, Taylah and Zanzi, hope you have a great day

Special thanks to the all parents and grandparents for helping throughout the year

Hope you all have a happy and safe Christmas and New Year

‘til the 14th Jan

Colin

Return to “Track”