DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 13August 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 14 Aug 2014, 16:18

Hi All,

Are we lucky or what? Two day of rain and on training day it stops, the wind dries the track. What more can we ask for?
We had 14 riders on a cool crisp night.
Again the two sessions followed the same format.

Welcome to Michaela Mondion, an exchange student being hosted by the Wallace family. A keen skier and budding track rider. She worked with Lizanne and Oscar on the warm up track and venturing out onto the duck boards during the sessions.

The early session started with a warm up paceline, 15 laps. Then after a short break it was starts. This was done in pairs so everyone got used to someone being next to them on the start line and starting from different heights on the track. Everyone got 2 starts each.
Next was Catch the Bunch in pairs. The pair working together to re-join the group. Ending with a short warm down.

The late session started with 10/15 lap pacelines then into starts with ½ lap efforts in pairs. Next Catch the Bunch in pairs. With 2 pairs of the group at a time, each pairing doing 2 catches. Then and Italian pursuit, Girls v Boys. The 6 girls, I lap on the front to the 3 boys, 2 laps on the front each. Excellent riding by all with the boys getting the better of the girls.

Junior Licence changes from Oct 1

2015 track season starts on October 1 — all junior track riders will be required to ride in their 2015 age categories from that date.

The road season officially ends September 30 — but junior road riders may ride in their 2014 age categories until December 31. However, if you renew your licence before the end of the year, you will also be moved up to your 2015 group from date of renewal (just like the track riders).

If you are lucky enough to be turning 9, 11, 13, 15 or 17 between January — December 2015, you will be moving up an age category. Note that an age category change means a roll-out (gearing) change. Track bike roll-out will need to be correct by October 1 this year, and road bike gearing should be correct after licence renewal.

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05. Only 4 more weeks to go
There has been some excellent results. The latest update of results. Sarah and Max, 1 and 2 with Ruby and Rohan equal 7 in Div 5. Zanzi 12 and Taku 13 in Div 4. Bro 2 in Div 3

National Junior Track Series
Rd1 – Sydney, Oct 4 & 5
Rd2 – Melbourne, Nov 15 & 16
Rd3 – Launceston, Dec 5 & 6
Rd4 – Adelaide, Jan 16 & 17

Entries have now closed and I have submitted the riders and teams for the series.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports. Good lukc to those riding at Wagga this weekend.

On September 14 , DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details here and entries/signup list here.

House keeping
It’s that time of year to start the selection process for the 2015 junior track captains, both men’s and women’s. Nomination so far have been Zanzi, Sarah, Broughton and Taku. Can I have a second please.

Group Fitness
I have made inquiries at the Sydney Uni Sport and Fitness to hiring out their RPM studio for an instructor led 45 minute class.
Could I have expressions of interest to see if this is worth taking this forward. Open the juniors, 12 and up, and their parents.

From the SUSF website: RPM

The indoor cycling workout where you control the intensity through resistance and pedal speed. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack over the equivalent of 20-25 kilometers through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within – sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high.

Session opening BBQ
To celebrate the start of the 2015 track season and announce the new track captains. The BBQ will be on Sept 10. I bring the snags, rolls and some drinks. You can being a plate to share.

Birthdays
One Birthday this week, Happy Birthday to Mia. Hope you a great day

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”