DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 6August 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 11 Aug 2014, 15:22

Hi All,

Sorry this note is Late.

Endurance night.

We had 20 riders on what started as a warm winter night but the chill set in around 6 ish.
We are also back to the two sessions as the number have grown. Both session following the same format.

Welcome to Issy Densley, a class mate of Tess’ and a member of Mudgee CC. It was her first time on a track bike and being on a banked track, Mudgee has a flat track. She worked with Lizanne and Tess for the early session and then joined into the not so fast paceline of the late session.

The early session started with a warm up paceline, 10/15 laps. Then after a short break it was secret sprint. Each rider has a number and once called, they try to cross the line before the other riders on the next lap. The other rider have to wait until they see the attack before counter attacking. Then all riders regroup for the next secret sprint. Finishing training with a short warm down

The second session started with 15/20 laps pacelines, then into secret sprints. Ending with a warm down

In both sessions everyone rode for almost 50 mins.

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05.
There has been some excellent results which haven’t been updated for late Friday.

National Junior Track Series
Rd1 – Sydney, Oct 4 & 5
Rd2 – Melbourne, Nov 15 & 16
Rd3 – Launceston, Dec 5 & 6
Rd4 – Adelaide, Jan 16 & 17

This is open to all under 15, 17 and this year first year U19 women. Could those interested, please let me know so I can start to organise the entry and teams. The closing date for Rd1 is the 15th Aug. Note: You will not be able to enter online as this is not a normal event so I need to know those interested. We should have about 17 eligible riders in these age groups for the 2015 season so that’s 3 fullish teams of 6. I encourage all to sign up for the Sydney leg. I have had some interest but the 15 Aug is the cut-off date so please let me know soon, it is only 4 days away.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports.

On September 14 , DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details here and entries/signup list here.

House keeping
It’s that time of year to start the selection process for the 2015 junior track captains, both men’s and women’s. Nomination so far have been Zanzi, Sarah, Broughton and Taku. Can I have a second please.

Group Fitness
I have made inquiries at the Sydney Uni Sport and Fitness to hiring out their RPM studio for an instructor led 45 minute class.
Could I have expressions of interest to see if this is worth taking this forward. Open the juniors, 12 and up, and their parents.

From the SUSF website: RPM
The indoor cycling workout where you control the intensity through resistance and pedal speed. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack over the equivalent of 20-25 kilometers through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within – sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high.

Birthdays
No Birthdays last week but it’s Rory’s today. Happy Birthday and have a great day

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”