DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 23 July 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 25 Jul 2014, 16:11

Hi All,

We had 20 riders on a lovely clear night. I’ll remind you all again to bring warm cloths as it’s going to get colder before Spring.

Welcome back to Oscar for his second time trying the track. James working with him on the warm up track and around the duck boards while I ran the main session

We started the session with a 20/30 laps pacelines, then split into groups of 4 to practice a standing lap drill. One lap seated then one lap standing, alternating for 8 laps.

Next the groups reduced to 3 and performed a 500 drill with each rider in the group leading out the other riders.

Next, Scratch races. The first race was for all U17’s over 10 laps with James in the mix. Some great riding with tactics being employed by all. Taku tried to break away a couple of times. The action really hotted up on the last lap with Taku out front being chased down by Zanzi and Sarah. They almost caught him but were just sort.
The second race was for the U15’s over 8 Laps, this started as a paceline until James interrupted the line and then a real race started. Rohan with Max pulled away as Adrien, Tess and Lawrence a little behind. Tess ran out of steam and dropped back. Rohan and Max fought all the way to the line with Rohan ahead of Max by ½ a wheel then Adrien, Lawrence and Tess. Then Rosie and Taylah.
The last saw a combined U11/13 with Juliette given a ½ lap head start. Never again as Mia and Xavier work well together, sharing turns on the front, but couldn’t bridge the gap. Juliette fist and both Xavier and Mia crossing the line at the same time, I couldn’t split them

Then a short time for some warm down laps

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05.
There has been some great results with Sarah second in Div 5, not far behind are Ruby, Max and Francis. Taku and Zanzi are equal 9th in Div 4, Bro is 4th in Div 3 and Tom Bolton 10th in Div 1. Hope you’re all having fun and keep up the good work.

National Junior Track Series
Rd1 – Sydney, Oct 4 & 5
Rd2 – Melbourne, Nov 15 & 16
Rd3 – Launceston, Dec 5 & 6
Rd4 – Adelaide, Jan 16 & 17

This is open to all under 15, 17 and this year first year U19 women. Could those interested, please let me know so I can start to organise the entry and teams. The closing date for Rd1 is the 15th Aug. Note: You will not be able to enter online as this is not a normal event so I need to know those interested. We should have about 17 eligible riders in these age groups for the 2015 season so that’s 3 fullish teams of 6. I encourage all to sign up for the Sydney leg.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports. Next is the Tamworth 2 Day Tour this weekend.

On September 13 , DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details closer to the date.

House keeping
It’s that time of year to start the selection process for the 2015 junior track captains, both men’s and women’s. Could I have some nominations please.

Birthdays
No Birthdays this week.

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”