Gearing and tyre questions

For all things Velodrome
ratzzzzz

Postby ratzzzzz » 18 Jun 2014, 18:28

I am thinking of showing up to a few RAW sessions, first for a look and then for a go.
A couple of questions -currently I'm not in a position to but a bike but have 2 options. I have pinched Jeremys track bike while he is away, it was used for commuting and has gatorskins and 48x19 gearing (i'm pretty sure). I am aware that gatorskins won't cut it but have no idea about a suitable track tyre. Any advice appreciated.
Also I assume the gearing isn't right. I was using 44x16? at the saturday sessions (not 100% but it said rollout 6.05 as it was a junior bike) and was spinning out so am not really sure what a suitable ' all round' track gearing would be. Any advice appreciated.
Colin also mentioned borrowing a club bike is a short term option - not sure on the etiquette or how it would work - the only bike I rode was a junior bike - would I ride this and change the cogs? or try and find something else?
I'm sure that a lot of these questions can be answered on a track training night so will come down and ask about too but can't get there for a little while.
Thanks

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 19 Jun 2014, 08:57

if it fits you, you can borrow mine for the season. call me at your convenience.

Return to “Track”