Ride Ettalong Central Coast Track Open Sat 18th January

For all things Velodrome
Eleri

Postby Eleri » 08 Jan 2014, 21:52

The "Ride Ettalong Central Coast Track Open" is on next Saturday 18th January at West Gosford, Adock Park Velodrome. Entries shut this Sunday. Get your entries in now.

There are 4 different events, catering for all ages and disciplines (riders only enter 1 event). The Junior Carnival begins 9:00am sharp with the Seniors from 11:00am.

Race Events:
Juniors - Scratch Race, Keirin & Wheel Race
Iron Man Challenge - Flying 200m, Sprint, Keirin, Wheel Race, Pursuit, Scratch Race & Points Race
Sprint - Flying 200m, Sprint, Keirin, Wheel Race,
Endurance - Pursuit, Scratch Race & Points Race, Wheel Race
Entry Fees:
Juniors - $15
Iron Man Challenge - $45
Sprint -$30
Endurance - $30
Cash and Prizes: $3,000 across all events

Contact Information: Simon Huggins - Ph 0400 539 339 or cyclosimon.huggins@gmail.com

Related Links:
On-line Entries Click HERE
Event Information

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 11 Jan 2014, 19:50

Artson

Postby Artson » 13 Jan 2014, 11:51

Hi Guys
sorry about the error of Start times please note below:
• Sprint Racing Starts @ 11am
• Endurance Starts @ 12noon
• Juniors Start @ 1pm

note sprint riders will get a minimum of a 3 1/2 hour break before evening program. Enduro's will get a min of 2 1/2hour break

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 13 Jan 2014, 19:57

Whats the evening program?

Artson

Postby Artson » 16 Jan 2014, 00:12

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 05 Feb 2014, 12:16

Thought I'd return to writing up my races

I signed up for the endurance competition, which consisted of Individual Pursuit, Points Race and Scratch Race. Also a wheel race.

Individual Pursuit 2,300mtr - 5 laps
Before leaving home I modified my TT setup to get the elbow pads lower, which I did but at the cost of having them wider. I don't know what the torso vs arms aero change did, but it was certainly more comfortable.

With the Gosford track being so big, they had 4 riders on the track at once and there seemed to be little issue with that. Took me about 2 laps to truly find my rhythm and went well to the end. A time of 3.11.66 seemed a bit slow, but so were the others, the track was slower than my other pursuits which have all been at DGV. That put me 13th outright out of 46 competitors and placed me 2nd in B grade for 3 points.

Imagend

The highlight of the day was meeting Ucihe Giovanetti. Ucihe lived in Petersham and rode for Enfield in his day. He has taken national titles and is best known for holding the Gouldburn to City old course record, which he set in 1959

Wheel race qualification
I had a handicap of 170mtrs for the 3 lap race and that was the cutoff so I was on effectively scratch with Ucihe's son Andrew for the 2 3/4 laps. Andrew kicked well and got straight on, I took almost 3/4 of a lap to get on and immediately went to the outside. With one lap to go I attacked as did a number of other riders and then I found that I had seriously rooted legs, a result of almost no exercise while on holiday in NZ followed by 4 spin classes on the 2 days prior to the race. End result was I went across the line 8th about 2 bike lengths shy of qualifying.

The juniors had arrived but it was so hot that Andrew, Ucihie, Becky and I decided to go Gosford RSL, where I stayed for 2 hours in the aircon.

Points Race - 15 laps, points at 5, 10 & 15
Sprinted for the first set of points, my legs just couldn't do it, so changed strategy and went for a 2 lap breakaway for the second set of points but was reeled in, so I went again, this time with 4 laps to go and quickly built up an solid lead which I took all the way to win the last sprint. B grade had shown itself to be really even and the end result was there were 4 of us on 5 points, 2 with a win each and Andrew who took a second and a third. As I won the last one, I was awarded with first, so 5 points taking my tally to 8 points

Scratch Race - 15 laps (I think)
Going into the last even as the series leader on 8 points I was a marked man, I attacked and attacked and attacked and every time the other riders responded. End result was no placing.

but my 8 points was still enough to make me the overall winner, walking away with $100. A good start to the year.

Anthony K

Postby Anthony K » 05 Feb 2014, 22:18

Woo Hoo. Great result Mike.

Return to “Track”