Clarence St Cyclery Cup 16th Nov - Juniors

For all things Velodrome
utopia

Postby utopia » 14 Nov 2013, 14:34

Questions for the above. Just the Juniors program
1/ are there fees for "the handler " ?
2/ are there fees for other members of the family attending ?

I'm taking other 2 kids there and really don't want to drive there and find out it's going to cost me an additional $45 to support this.

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 14 Nov 2013, 19:13

Questions for the above. Just the Juniors program
1/ are there fees for "the handler " ?
2/ are there fees for other members of the family attending ?

I'm taking other 2 kids there and really don't want to drive there and find out it's going to cost me an additional $45 to support this.
I was charged $10 as a handler. I don't think Katrina paid for Charlotte or herself to watch. I think night time is different

utopia

Postby utopia » 14 Nov 2013, 23:55

I was charged $10 as a handler. I don't think Katrina paid for Charlotte or herself to watch. I think night time is different
Thanks Dougie
3/ Can anyone else confirm?

4/ Also can someone really send a Jr to a race and not have a handler? Why don't they just lump it with the race fees? Seriously.

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 15 Nov 2013, 09:52

[quote="utopia]

4/ Also can someone really send a Jr to a race and not have a handler? Why don't they just lump it with the race fees? Seriously.[/quote]

Adrien didn't have a handler. John Caley was good enough to launch him into the stratosphere

James Rogers

Postby James Rogers » 16 Nov 2013, 17:46

All the Juniors rode extremely well today. Almost all the riders got placings in their heats. Mia got onto the podium, 3rd in JG13 Wheel Race. The four Junior Women's U17 really had an impressive presence in all of their events. Lots of red jerseys.

I was faithfully recording the results, but got distracted when Taku got collected and came down pretty hard, finishing his day (otherwise ok). What I did jot down is below. Feel free to add, correct or amend.

Perhaps some juniors could give some race reports?

JM15 Scratch Div 2 - 1. Taku 3. Bro
JW17 Scratch Div 2 - 2. Zanzi 3. Ruby
JG13 Graded Scratch - 3. Mia
JB13 Graded Scratch - 3. Luke
JM15 Miss 'n' Out - 3. Bro
JW17 Miss 'n' Out - 3. Sarah
JM17 Miss 'n' Out - 1. Tom
JG13 Clarence St Wheel Race - 3. Mia
JW17 Points Race Div 2 - 1. Zanzi
JM17 Points Race Div 2 - 1. Tom
JB13 Sprint Derby - 2. Adrien, 3. Luke
JM15 Scratch Qualifier - 1. Bro
JW17 Scratch Qualifier - 1. Zanzi

utopia

Postby utopia » 16 Nov 2013, 23:50

Congrats and great roll of DHBC representation there.
We forewent shelling out for Handlers fees and attended a fund raiser instead.

RR-M

Postby RR-M » 19 Nov 2013, 14:03

I wonder at the wisdom of CNSW and the two comps Scody and Clarence. Scody liberated $35 from our wallet, $15 rider entry, $10 each for Ma + Pa. Clarence another $35. To add insult a CNSW official ejected Ma Kathryn from the infield during the jnr comp for not furnishing a "handler" card. I protested vehemently that our girl required her mum by her side not in the stands. Ruby and I joined K in the stands 3.5hrs later after she had ridden the JW17 CSC Cup wheelrace final.
CNSW need to do more to promote these events and get bums on seats rather than fleece the families that support cycling. Stress the grass roots and the tree will never grow to its potential.
With that rant vented, the racing all day/night was exhilarating.
Lizanne was attacked by a ranga klingon in the elite women's keirin final, the klingon crashed heavy, whilst the adrenaline shot to Lizanne spurred her on to finish on the shoulder of 3rd place and just behind the NSW sprint champ and a Jnr World Champ team sprinter. Then in the wheelrace final, Lizanne ran 2nd to a blow in from Ballarat. Outstanding effort!
Then there was Caleb Ewen - with scintillating speed he scythed through the field on the final lap of the ClarrieCup and took the chocolates.
R+A

Return to “Track”