DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 16 Oct 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 18 Oct 2013, 15:43

Hi All,

I’m back, all relaxed after the month away.

Just a quick note no stats sheet.

Firstly, congratulations to those who competed at the National Junior Tack Series last weekend. Great results from everyone, you where competing against the best in the country. Most with less than a year’s riding. Big learning experience. A ‘HUGH’ thanks to James for organising in my absents.

OK, to Wednesday night. We had 35 riders. 4 new rider trying the track for the first time, thanks Lizanne for running both groups.

What can I say about the session? Busy, busy, everyone needs to be more organised and doing as told. Please keep your helmets and shoes on and lined up as asked. We have a limited time and the longer you take the shorter time you have on the track.

First was the usual Pace Lines with group A 10 laps, group b 15 laps and group c 25 laps.

Group B then when up to the trainers, thanks Simon. While groups A + C were on the track performing whistle sprints.
Zanzi had a mishap but is all OK and should be back next week.

The next drill was catch the bunch with each group split onto 2 groups following James and Tom B.

We finished the night with a wheel race for each group. As James run the handicaps, I can’t remember the results and the racing was lots of fun with load cheering from the stands.

And grumbles from the seniors as we ran over time!!!

RAW. Wow!!! Hope everyone had a great time, excellent results and congratulation the Bro for taking out Div 5. and Zanzi for being in the final Italian pursuit.

Upcoming events

The track session has now started so here’s the junior events for this year.

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ca ... ber_2013_
November
9th - SCODY Junior Cup on Wheel at Dunc Gray. U9 to U17
23 & 24th – NJTS Rd2 at DISC Melbourne
30th DHBC Carnival. U9 to U 13. Maybe plus more

December
6 & 7th NJTS Rd 3 in Launceston
14th Illawarra Track Open in Wollongong. U9 to U17 plus Seniors
27 to 31st Christmas Carnival. TBC. Hopefully, like last year there was a junior events before the seniors event.

Next year’s events are still in draft, I’ll update later.

The Women’s Trackis on Saturday’s at the new time of 2 - 4.

Next Week’s Session. Session detail posted at the track.
All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group C rollers
Group A and B alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
There a quite a few birthdays in October, I missing wishing Sarah’s and last week and this week it’s Louie and Toby’s birthdays. Have a great one guys.

Again, a BIG thanks to James and Lizanne for running the sessions while I was away
Thanks to Simon and all the parents
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”