DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 07 Aug 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 09 Aug 2013, 15:27

Hi All,

Another wet night but at least everyone got there Paceline in before the rain.
We had 24 riders with Group A completing 15 laps, Group B 20 laps and groups C almost 30 laps before it was too wet to continue on the track.

Up into the stand for ½ doing stair climbing of the grandstand steps and the other ½ riding the trainers until it really started to bucket down. Then the hard core took the trainers down stairs for a session with Lizanne for the last 30 mins.

From next week can everyone please bring some runners to each Wednesday night so we can break up the trainer sessions with other land activities.

I have updated the training record sheet putting everyone into their 2014 session age groups, we now have 6 (+1 Tom Clarke?) U17’s and 12 U15’s

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, is on tonight and ever Friday for the next 4/5 weeks. Open to all second year U13’s and above. I may be there tonight. Good luck all.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05. Broughton still leads Div 5. Well done Bro!

The Women’s Track is starting again soon. Saturday the 7th September at the new time of 2 - 4.

National Junior Track Series, CA announced the dates, see http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=50410. The first round is in Sydney on the 12-13 Oct. and is open to U15 and U17’s. this year we should be able to put together a full team of 6, any leftovers I can arrange to ride with another combined team. I’d like to know the interest in completing in Sydney and if any who are interested in the other round in Melbourne (Nov 23-24), Launceston (Dec 6-7) and Adelaide (Jan 17-18).

I was thinking that all eligible U17 and U15’s should race the Sydney event with the exclusion of Tess, injury and not fit to ride, and Caitlin, jet lagged and arriving back from Europe the morning of the first day.

I will be away 15th Sep ,for a month returning on the 12Oct, I may miss the first day, so we need to get a move on so I can forward on details so I can submit the forms before I go away.

Road stuff
For those interested in some road racing, Southern Cross CC hold Junior races every Sunday at Waratah Park, Rawson Ave Sutherland. Sign on from 8:30 am

Junior Track Captains
As per last year I had no nominations so I’m nominating Tom Bolton as male track captain and for the second year Alison Wallace as female track captain. Will any body second these nomination?

Juniors Questionnaire
James and I have put together a short questionnaire to help us find out what you would like out of training and were you’d like to be in the future. Please fill out as honestly as possible and we’ll try to help you achieve the best out of training. Go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Haacb ... A/viewform and complete. Also quite a few rider will be moving up the next age group for this upcoming track session so we need to make sure everyone is riding the correct gearing.

We have had a good response so far and the questionnaire will close on the 16th August so please click the link above and help us to help you.

Next Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)
All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group C rollers
Group B and A alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
Finally we have a birthday this week. Have a great day Rory

Email distribution list
It has come to my attention that the mail list is incomplete and some people have been missing out on the emailed reports so I am updating the list.
Please let me know so you can be added and conversely if you would no longer like to receive these reports please let me know and I’ll remove you.

Thanks
To Lizanne
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

utopia

Postby utopia » 09 Aug 2013, 16:14

Junior Track Captains
As per last year I had no nominations so I’m nominating Tom Bolton as male track captain and for the second year Alison Wallace as female track captain. Will any body second these nomination?

-Seconded.

Question re: From next week can everyone please bring some runners to each Wednesday night so we can break up the trainer sessions with other land activities.
Does this mean that week's group planned for Rollers session ? ie next week Group C ?

Return to “Track”