DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 31 July 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 02 Aug 2013, 14:12

Hi All,

Firstly, Caitlin is OK with no broken bones, just a heavy hit on the funny bone and is now probably playing netball as I write this. Thanks to all for your concerns.
Second, I’m not away yet, my month away will be from, last training, 11th September. Going to Europe. I am back on the 12th Oct so may be able to get out to Dunc Gray for the first day of the NJTS.

Now back to the report. Another fun night with the track open for business.

After individual warm ups it was Paceline drill, Group C – 25 laps, Group B - 15 laps and Group A - 10 laps. It looks like some have forgotten the basics of Pacelines with all the time off the track due to the wetness. We’ll have to work on getting everyone back up to speed on this simple drill.

Next Group A moved onto the trainers for a fun session with Simon and Group B moved to the warm up track to practice skills. While Group C ran through a 2 lap time trail run as an individual pursuit with two rider on the rack. Everyone put in great times and look to be improving.

James finished the session with a combined Group B+C italian’ish pursuit with 8 riders per team. First 8 laps Paceline then switching to the normal Italian. Very close finish with Zanzi beating Tom C by a wheel or less.

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, is on tonight and ever Friday for the next 5/6 weeks. Open to all second year U13’s and above. I won’t be there tonight. Good luck all.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05. Broughton still leads Div 5. Well done Bro!

The Women’s Track is NOT on this Saturday. I’ll let you know when it is to return.

National Junior Track Series, CA announced the dates, see http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=50410. The first round is in Sydney on the 12-13 Oct. and is open to U15 and U17’s. this year we should be able to put together a full team of 6, any leftovers I can arrange to ride with another combined team. I’d like to know the interest in completing in Sydney and if any who are interested in the other round in Melbourne (Nov 23-24), Launceston (Dec 6-7) and Adelaide (Jan 17-18).

I will be away for a month returning on the 12Oct, I’ll miss the first day, so I/we need to get a move on so I can forward on details.

Road stuff
For those interested in some road racing, Southern Cross CC hold Junior races every Sunday at Waratah Park, Rawson Ave Sutherland. Sign on from 8:30 am

Junior Track Captains
It that time of year again, nominations are now open for the DHBC 2013 Junior Track male and female Captains. These positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

Juniors Questionnaire
James and I have put together a short questionnaire to help us find out what you would like out of training and were you’d like to be in the future. Please fill out as honestly as possible and we’ll try to help you achieve the best out of training. Go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Haacb ... A/viewform and complete. Also quite a few rider will be moving up the next age group for this upcoming track session so we need to make sure everyone is riding the correct gearing.

Next Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)
All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group C rollers
Group B and A alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
Again, no birthdays this week.

Thanks
To Lizanne, James, Simon, Ton B and Stuart
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”