DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 17 July 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 18 Jul 2013, 16:29

Hi All,

Last night was warm for winter, shame the track was too wet to ride. We had 18 rides, great to see people back at training after the school holidays.

First up was a quick warm up on the rollers/trainers run by Lizanne, for those how were able to get a set of roller/trainer. the extra’s warmed up on the warm up track.

The group was then split into 2 with half on the warm up track practising cycle skills around cones and the other group using the start gate to practice their starting technique.
Have way through the session the groups swapped. Claude was the fastest starter making the first 25m in under 5 secs. the goal for the evening. Luke can in second best with just a hair over the 5 secs. The older riders averaged the 5.7 ish mark and the young riders the 5.3 mark.

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, is no this Friday for the next 6 weeks. Open to all second year U13’s and above. I won’t be there this Friday so good luck all, Broughton is leading Div 5.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05.

The Women’s Track is NOT on this Saturday. I’ll let you know when it is to return.

National Junior Track Series, CA announced the dates, see http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=50410. The first round is in Sydney on the 12-13 Oct. and is open to U15 and U17’s. this year we should be able to put together a full team of 6, any leftovers I can arrange to ride with another combined team. I’d like to know the interest in completing in Sydney and if any who are interested in the other round in Melbourne (Nov 23-24), Launceston (Dec 6-7) and Adelaide (Jan 17-18).
I will be away for a month returning on the 12Oct, I’ll miss the first day, so I/we need to get a move on so I can forward on details.

I had some interest and we should be able to have lots of riders for the Sydney event and some for the others.

Road stuff
For those interested in some road racing, Southern Cross CC hold Junior races every Sunday at Waratah Park, Rawson Ave Sutherland. Sign on from 8:30 am

Junior Track Captains
It that time of year again, nominations are now open for the DHBC 2013 Junior Track male and female Captains. These positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

Next Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)

All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group A rollers
Group B and C alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
None this week.

Thanks
To Lizanne, James, Alex, Tom, Christian and Co
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”