DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 10 July 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 12 Jul 2013, 16:41

Hi All,

Just a quick update for Wednesday’s training session.

We had 8 riders with 3 backing up on the morning junior session out at Dunc Gray. Also it was 7 girls to 1 boy but it is the last week of school holidays.

It was cold, very cold so two groups of 4 warmed up with 20 + lap Pacelines

Next was time for a 2 lap time trial to gauge everyone’s progression. I think the cold slowed some down but everyone put in good times, Zanzi, Ruby and Caitlin bettering their last attempts.

Next Whistle sprints to keep everyone warm

Cool down was a Motor Pace with Lizanne as the motor, the real motorbike finally started as our session finished

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, is on tonight and ever Friday for the next 11 weeks. Open to all second year U13’s and above. I won’t be there tonight. Good luck all.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05.

This Saturday Women’s Track is on again from 3pm to 5pm. Rain, hail or shine

National Junior Track Series, CA announced the dates, see http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=50410. The first round is in Sydney on the 12-13 Oct. and is open to U15 and U17’s. this year we should be able to put together a full team of 6, any leftovers I can arrange to ride with another combined team. I’d like to know the interest in completing in Sydney and if any who are interested in the other round in Melbourne (Nov 23-24), Launceston (Dec 6-7) and Adelaide (Jan 17-18).

I will be away for a month returning on the 12Oct, I’ll miss the first day, so I/we need to get a move on so I can forward on details.

Road stuff
Good luck to Tom Bolton competing in the NSW Junior Metropolitan Road Championships and Southern Cross Junior Road Open this weekend.

This Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)

All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group A rollers
Group B and C alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
None this week.

Thanks
To Lizanne, Simon, Jen and Sally
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”