DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 3 July 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 04 Jul 2013, 16:50

Hi All,

Just a quick update with all the rain it’s been trainer/roller sessions and not much to report

A good turnout of 15 riders, with some doubling up on their 4 hr session out at Dunc Gray in the morning.

The rain has stopped but the track was too wet in part to ride in full. So the warm up was a short trainer/roller session
As we could use ¾ of the track, we then practiced starts, starts and more starts. Most getting a chance to use the start gate.

I think we finished the session at the right time as the fog started to cover the parklands and track it was that cold!

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, is on tonight and ever Friday for the next 11 weeks. Open to all second year U13’s and above. I’m going to try and be there tonight.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05.

It’s been great to see so many having a go. Broughton and Francis are both high in points for Div 5. Zanzi, Sarah and Ruby are also in there having a go. I’ll be there Friday night and we may have a couple of extra riders.

This Saturday Women’s Track is on again from 3pm to 5pm. Rain, hail or shine

National Junior Track Series, CA announced the dates, see http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=50410. The first round is in Sydney on the 12-13 Oct. and is open to U15 and U17’s. this year we should be able to put together a full team of 6, any leftovers I can arrange to ride with another combined team. I’d like to know the interest in completing in Sydney and if any who are interested in the other round in Melbourne (Nov 23-24), Launceston (Dec 6-7) and Adelaide (Jan 17-18).

I will be away for a month returning on the 12Oct, I’ll miss the first day, so I/we need to get a move on so I can forward on details.

Road stuff
For those interested in some road racing, Southern Cross CC hold Junior races every Sunday at Waratah Park, Rawson Ave Sutherland. Sign on from 8:30 am

This Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)

All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group A rollers
Group B and C alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
None this week.

Thanks
To Lizanne, Peter, Stuart, Pat, Alex, Alan and James

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”