DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 12 Jun 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 13 Jun 2013, 23:55

Hi All,

A wet track meant it was a trainer session under the grand stand.

Wow, what a great turn out, with over 20 riders arriving to train. Unfortunately we didn’t have enough trainer/rollers for all to rider so I had to send a few home. Sorry about that.

It took a while for everyone to get sorted but once the 45 min routine started it was a delight to see and hear everyone, the noise defining during the sprints.
Everyone looked to work at 100% and there were a lot of hot red faces at the end.

Please do come down again if it’s wet as the more people on the trainers/rollers the better for all.
Also, if you have a set of trainers at home please bring them so we don’t have to send anyone home again.

Upcoming Event’s

RAW, Race all winter, start tomorrow night and ever Friday for the next 12 weeks(?). Open to all second year U13’s and above. Unfortunately I can’t make it this week but I wish all the best of luck, hopefully I’ll get there next week.
Warm up starts at 6:30, with the first race at 7:05.
For the first times at Dunc Gray, use the first week in the novice events to get a feeling for the boards, once you have some confidence, I’m sure most of you can ride D grade.
I know Lizanne, Tom Bolton, maybe James, and a number other seniors will be there so look out for the DHBC group.
Remember it’s not about winning or losing but having fun and enjoying the evening especially the first night. We can work on the winning later!!!

This Saturday Women’s Track is on again from 3pm to 5pm

July School Holidays Junior Track Sessions Cycling NSW is holding 2 sessions, each Wednesday 9-1 pm, for U5 and U17 for $30, 20 spot only. There may also be 1 session, 9-12, for U13. Depending on number. See http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?Page=50379 for more details

This Week’s Session (dry track, figures crossed)

All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group A rollers
Group B and C alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down/racing

Birthdays
This week’s birthday goes to Adrien, hope you have a great day

Thanks
To Lizanne and James

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”