DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 24 April 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 29 Apr 2013, 12:28

Hi All,

Better late than never, sorry for the delay but Bowral go in the way.

Let’s start with a quick recap of training last week.

As half the riders were racing the next day the session was to be light. After a slow start and individual warm ups, each group performed the Paceline drill.

It was Group C’s turn for the 2 lap Time Trial. Everyone putting in great times and faster by 1 second or more from than their last effort, Francis by 6 secs and Ruby by 5 secs.

While the TT was going on, Simon ran a Beep test with group B on the infield and some of the volunteers took to the rollers.

Next, Keirin for each group. Great racing by all with some close finishes.

Lastly this month’s Shoe Race, won by Mia.

Bowral
What a great turnout with 12 riders in all but U9 age groups. It was an excellent day with everyone having fun racing and enjoying the Bowral track.

Special mention to Sarah for winning all her races and picking up 2 penny’s for winning the wheel race.

Watching everyone race has given me some ideas on new training drills.

Upcoming Events

End of Track Season BBQ, this Wednesday, 1st May. Come and celebrate the session and efforts from Borwal, I’ll supply the sausages, buns/ rolls, and drinks. Please bring a plate to share.

This Saturday, I’ll be running an Intro to the track from 1pm to 3pm and “Women’s Track” is on again from 3pm to 5pm

This Week’s Session

BBQ
or
All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group B rollers
Group C and A alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down

Birthdays
None this week

Thanks to Lizanne, Simon and All the handlers, both at training and Bowral

‘til next Wednesday

Colin