DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 6 February 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 08 Feb 2013, 16:33

Hi All,

Gosh, February already. We had 26 riders.

Welcome back Rory and Rosie and great to see Luke on the trainer

First, individual warm ups and then Paceline drill.

It was Group B’s turn at a 2 lap Time trial. Great times by all. Again everyone is improving, the average was 4 second faster that their last attempt and Isaac was 23 seconds faster. Simon, what are you feeding him????

Next, Group C, performed a 4 lap scratch race, the first lap neutral. The first race was with Taku, Rohan, Sarah and Alison. The neutral lap was extremely slow as the no one wanted to be on the front. As the pace quickened the group stayed together until the final sprint for the line, with Taku ½ a wheel ahead of Rohan, closely followed by Sarah and Alison. The second race was with Ashlee, Tess, Alex, Adam and Toby. This race started quicker than the first with Tess starting to lead out but held back and dropped in behind Alex, Ashlee was off the back for half the race. The finish was another close call as Tess, Alex and Ashlee sprinted for the line. Ashlee ahead of Tess by ¼ wheel and Alex another ¼ wheel behind Tess.

Next, Group A, an all in 5 lap scratch race, with Rory, Rosie, Louie, Claude, Christian and Will going for gold. The first lap saw Rosie open a large gap and stretched the field for the remaining laps. On the last lap, on the back straight Rory and Claude both accelerated as Rosie ran out of puff. With Rory coming home first followed by Claude, Rosie, Louie, Will and Christian. This was the first racing for Rory and Rosie well done both of you.

We finished the session with this month’s shoe race. Lizanne crossed the line first closely followed by Isaac but after discussions with the judges was DQ’ed for an age infringement, sorry Lizanne, so Isaac is this month’s winner.

Upcoming events

NSW Junior Metropolitan Track Championship, Feb 17 at Lidcombe Oval. Great to see we have 8 entries for the event. I have found a gazebo so bring some chairs to sit on. Gates open 9am with racing starting at 10am.

Intro to the track so all the dads can have a go and Women’s track Program, are both looking to start on the 2 March.
Both are on the forum so keep an eye on the post and I’ll update you closer to the day.

Next week’s Session

As we are getting a large number of riders, I am going to change the format

All -Warm up and Paceline
One group on trainers/rollers heart rates/intervals/no resistance training
The other two groups alternating between the warm up and track
All – warm down

I’m hoping this format will give everyone more time on the track.
I will need some volunteers to run/time the trainer/roller group each week

Birthdays
Happy birthday to Rohan, hope you had a great day this week.

Thanks to Alan, James, Lizanne, Taku, Dougie, Will, Simon, Tom and Adrian for helping out on Sunday’s working bee
Thanks to Michelle, James and Lizanne for helping on Wednesday night

Till Next Week

Colin

Return to “Track”