DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 23 January 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 25 Jan 2013, 13:53

Hi All,

Last training session before most go back to school. We had 15 riders for the night.

Great to see Sarah riding her new bike, we’ll look at the gearing next week.

A slow start to the program, starting with Individual warm up and then the Paceline drill. The bigger jr’s doing a Reverse Paceline, coming from the back to the front and the others performing a normal paceline. Both group got in about 20 laps.

Next, Starts. Each rider got 2 chances to start on the Individual Pursuit start line. Excellent effort by all and everyone is improving.

We finished the session with a Miss n’ Out race.
The first group to race was Adam, Alex, Ashlee, Tess, Alison, Sarah, Francis and Rohan. Rohan being the first eliminated followed by Tess, then Sarah, Alison, Alex and Francis leaving the last sprint for the line between Adam and Ashlee, with Ashlee coming home first by a ¼ wheel. All the eliminations were closes and every put in the effort to try and stay in the race.
The second group were Christian, Caitlin, Louie, Isaac, Mia, Darani and Xavier. Christian got himself to the front of the pack so the first the be eliminated was Caitlin, then Louie, Isaac pulled up with a sore leg and did not finish, Xavier was next to go, then Christian. The last lap was between Darani and Mia, Mia had been sitting on Darani’s wheel for most of the race and ion the home straight, came around Darani to win by ½ a wheel. Again excellent racing by all.

Upcoming Events

• NSW Junior Metropolitan Track Championship, Feb 17 at Lidcombe Oval. Entries close 3 Feb this Sunday and I think all with a racing license should attend this one so please enter. We should get a big team together for the day. Taku and Brought have raced there on Friday nights before. Does anyone have one of those gazebo thingys?

National Junior Track Series in Melbourne , Feb 23th.. Can I have expressions of interest for U15 & U17 riders interested in attending. I’ll be hitting up some of the riders and parents to get a firm commitment to go.

Thanks to Lizanne

See you next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”