Ash and Lizanne NSW Team Sprint silver!

For all things Velodrome
Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 18 Dec 2012, 11:58

Woot
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?Page=48794

my second state medal, and with a little controversy, it's a silver.

Me and Ash have been riding together for about a year, and as much as i make fun of her for being lazy and 'merican, she makes training and riding so much fun. I liked riding with her so much i voluntold her she was doing the team sprint, and then promptly stole her from SU Velo.

After a few hard weeks of standing starts, she was off to Europe. so we hadn't really done a proper team sprint together untill the race on sunday.
The race plan was Ash on a tiny gear(88") me on a bigger one (95"), and Ash was to try to drop me in the first lap.
WIN, we pulled a really fast start, and kept the lead to win the first race against Newcastle. But the nex race, both teams beat our time. Placing us in 3rd for a Newcastle/DHBC ride off.

The i was told by one of the bankstown guys, from the CNSW office, that the composite team (Renee and Cath) were able to compete but not to medal. Long story short, the commissars decided to run the program as is.

Second race, we got done on the line?, i'm not too sure, the reaction said we won, the timing said we lost... umm,
so a little sad, Ash and I packed up and got ready to head in the home direction. Then! we were called up for the presentation, all the females were, we stood up the front put the hands up... no medals awarded. Well in true DHBC hipster style Ash and I were in baggy tops, and DHBC hats on the podium, win for breaking tradition.

CNSW was to decide some time in the week. what an anit climax.

so the results were posted today and after all that, we got silver. what a day, what a race. WOOT

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Dec 2012, 12:10

Cool :)

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 18 Dec 2012, 12:46

Well done Lizanne and Ash!

Lizanne, can you pass on to Ash congratulations from everyone at Telstra Digital.

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Dec 2012, 12:55

Lizanne, can you also pass on to Ash to bring a heap of Mapil syrup if she ever comes back to Australia! I would love to try the natural Canadian stuff!

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 18 Dec 2012, 12:59

lol she's not Canadian, although she is cool enough to be Canadian

Return to “Track”