5 Week LACC Carnival - with extras!

For all things Velodrome
Eleri

Postby Eleri » 09 Nov 2012, 05:09

From Dave Halfpenny at Lidcombe Auburn Cycling Club:

I'm leaving this a little bit late, but we're having a track series starting this week on Friday nights and you're all invited. We have prize money and prizes for seniors and juniors each night, as well as overall series prize money.

It's a 5 week series and we're introducing some gaming elements to make things more interesting. Hopefully the weather holds out and we can get it underway this week.

http://lacc.org.au/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=18

In the mean time, we have lined up a sponsor for the series - Cycology, who make seriously good cycling t shirts. We have their product as prizes, BUT, they have also given us a 25% discount code valid until the end of December (i.e. in time for Christmas). I thought I'd share it with you guys because we love you so much - go to http://www.cycologygear.com and use the code LACC at checkout.

We'd love to see some more DHBC guys down there. I'm trying hard to make it a fun experience for everyone, but we need more people to play with. All feedback will be welcome - how can we make it better for you guys? What will get you down there?

BTW, keep an eye out on twitter @LACCTrack for weather updates. If the event is called off, it will be up there at 5pm.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 13 Nov 2012, 22:59

Hey guys,
I know you were all busy last week ripping it up at Dunc Gray, so if you come out to Lidcombe this week I'll give you guys a bonus 5 points, so you're not too far behind in the point series. LACC guys took most of the money last week, both juniors and seniors. We would love to see you there to watch us win it again this week.

We're also doing something a little but different. The winner of the wheel race will get a double point wild card, which they can play in any race worth points. The bonus points will go towards your overall series position, not your points for the night. The only catch is that you can't win the wildcard in your first week of racing, so you'll have to come at least twice.

There's 4 weeks to go in the series and plenty of opportunity to play in the great outdoors.

Juniors are always welcome - we're hosting the junior track metros (17th Feb), so this will get you used to the Lidcombe track for that event.

Cheers,
David

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 14 Nov 2012, 07:30

bigfriendlyvegan, i'll be ripping it up @ dunc for the next 2 weeks, then it's the DHBC christmas party... but i'll make a cameo for the last week of the series.
will there be beer? hipsters love beer

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 14 Nov 2012, 08:44

Lizanne, I'll hit up Cellarbrations and get some beer for you. I'll make sure it's in bottle form so you can use the bottle opener under your saddle. Be careful not to spill it on your chainring tattoo or ironic glasses, however.

Good luck with the Dunc Gray stuff, especially the sprints. You could always use Lidcombe as a warmup.

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 15 Nov 2012, 15:36

I'd like to come down but i've with all the state stuff ive got too much racing on the weekend. I only work around the corner so it would be easy. Hopefully ill be able to race on friday 23rd.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 27 Nov 2012, 21:13

Hey Dulwich Hill, congratulations on your work out at DGV in recent weeks. (BTW, I'm paying attention to who's doing what and will be putting formal protests in at RAW next year if Lizanne is in Div 4 again). All that racing was a good warm-up for the big event: racing out at Lidcombe.

We're still going with our series and we'd like some more friends to play with. Come along and win some money or a t-shirt or a video or something.

BTW, we're hosting the Junior Metros at Lidcombe in February, so juniors should come along and get used to the famous Lidcombe corner. We're also hosting the Senior Metros! Metros everywhere!

And now a plug for our sponsors...
Cycology are sponsoring our series and they still have the 25% off deal going. I have two of their shirts now and have put the idea in my kid's head to get me another one. There are new designs up now, so check it out https://www.cycologygear.com/ and use the code LACC.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 28 Nov 2012, 07:30

I'll totally try to get the troops along, but this firday is our christmas party.
next week!
Lets try to get some DHBC numbers at LACC!

ya :oops: the combo of training and a new bike kinda upped my speed. i won't be able to hide in div 4...

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 06 Dec 2012, 08:57

Legs are feelin' good. can't wait

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 06 Dec 2012, 12:40

This is the last week of the series, so you won't win the points, BUT we're running a wheel race with a $50 t-shirt voucher (from cycology) for first place and a TdF DVD for second (and something for third, haven't decide yet).

There is also prize money available for each division. We're thinking of offering prize money every week, but that's only if we can get people down to the track to race. Come along and take our money!

There will be some liquid refreshments available, but in limited amounts, so please bring your own if you want more.

Lastly, one of our new track riders owns...a brewery! Yes, you read that correctly. There's nothing available at the moment, but he has asked us to help him with "quality control" and "market research" next year. We said "Yes", because we like to support our members. Come and introduce yourselves to him. He'll be winning D grade tomorrow night.

Lastly, lastly, buy a cycology shirt. Details in the posts above. Get a discount using code "LACC". They look great. I'll be wearing one on the night, you could be wearing one as well (if you win the wheel race, or buy one, or two).

Chris96

Postby Chris96 » 07 Dec 2012, 08:35

I'll be there

Return to “Track”