The Velodrome Magpie

For all things Velodrome
Dougie

Postby Dougie » 28 Sep 2012, 15:45

My son William LOVES the track. He especially loves the Magpie swooping him. He proudly showed me his helmet on Wednesday night liberally peppered with Beak holes from being swooped. I have never seen anything like it.

I asked him if he wanted me to put some cable ties on his helmet to ward off the unwanted attention. This offer was met with total and utter distain. "Dad, I love being swooped." Clearly he gets his courage from his mother's side.

His mum and I are so very pleased with his love of the Track and it's controlled and safe environment. But it would not happen without the committed involvement of Lizanne, Colin and James. Thank you so very much for your wonderfull efforts and incredible patience.

Cheers Dougie

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 28 Sep 2012, 16:59

No worries Dougie. training with the Jr's is the best part of my week. they all have so much energy, ask so many questions, and are a real mid week pick me up. I look forward to it!

Will showed me his helmet vs magpie achievement he seemed so proud of the damage, it showed his bravery, a great trait for a track cyclist. It is good to see how well all the jr's are going with the magpie!

congrats to all the brave youngsters

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 Sep 2012, 08:21

I have been hit a million times by that magpie, and it just flutters, never beak holes! Far out its like a raptor, it is trying different things..

jonboy

Postby jonboy » 30 Sep 2012, 15:34

This has been posted before but worth consideration if you consider the testing to be 'scientific' - (but don't ride without a helmet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHreVKgOT4

Return to “Track”