DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 19 Sep 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 21 Sep 2012, 14:09

Hi All,

A quick report this week.
17 riders, another great turnout, I even had a go and joined in the fun on a couple of drills.
The magpie was at it again last night. Lucky for all, Lizanne was the main target.

Lizanne again on the warm up track with Claude, Melina, Adrien, Luca and Zach.

Lizanne’s report

Another great Night!
for a warm up everyone did 4.5 laps of the track, moving up and down the banking, jumping on groups, and getting the legs moving. I was rolling around trying to be the best magpie target. was well and truly grumpy this week, continuing to swoop well into the back straight. All the Jr's did really well to ignore the magpie, and continue to cycle safely 9although quickly) around turns 1 and 2. I think cable ties may be needed next week.

After the warm up there was a 5 lap pace line drill with a 1/2 lap sprint.
Melina, Claude 23-25km/h
Adrien, Zach 20-23km/h
Luca 27-31km/h

finally 2 lap (666m!) rolling time trails with Adrian doing a screaming 1.11.4 ! good? times all round. I'll know more about individual performances when we do the one and two laps again. It's all about improvement!

Finally, Adrien, Claude, Melina and Luca joining in the main bunch for the Italian pursuits.

Onto the main track, after individual warm ups, it was Paceline drill. 2 groups for about 10 laps.

Next we tried a new drill, team catch the bunch, were the faster riders try to overtake the slow group with a 1.5 lap handicap. After a slow and confused start, the faster riders not starting! It took a few lap for everyone to get the hang of it. Each group had to slow down, regroup and then work together to either catch or not be caught. I thought this would be a quick drill but ended going for 15 plus laps. Each group working well together, talking, slowing down when required so not to drop any riders. We’ll have to try this on again.

Lastly, Italian pursuit. James and I tried to mix up the riders and have even teams but we were way out, sorry. First round Team 1 on the front straight consisted of Broughton, Rohan, Dexter, Toby, Alison, Claude and Rudy. Team 2 on the back straight consisted of Melina , Darani , Mia, Tess, Caitlin, Taku and William. Team 1 powered home first in good time

Round two, I replace Toby and Luca replace Melina in Team 1 and Adrien, Claude in team 2. This time Team 1 came in first but both team bettered their times by 10 to 15 seconds.

Excellent going by all involved in both rounds and great to see everyone putting in 100% effort.

News/Racing

Congratulations to Tom Bolton for a 1st in Division 3 at RAW. Great resolute and well done.

Still looking at organising the last Friday 5th of the school holidays for a group trip out to DGV. I know some will be away but if I could have a reply from those interested, thanks.

Thanks to Lizanne, James and the parents again for helping out.

School holidays so early start next week, 5 pm to tease the magpie

Till next week

Colin

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 21 Sep 2012, 14:25

The magpie was at it again last night. Lucky for all, Lizanne was the main target.
Except, presumably, Lizanne!

Return to “Track”