DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 1 Aug 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 02 Aug 2012, 15:00

Hi All,

Another good turnout with 10 riders.
Welcome to Melina Savvas. James ran Melina through an introduction to track riding on the warm up track. At one stage I noticed Melina down on the drop riding around. Great job and well done.

Lizanne ran the session while I was the time keeper. After individual warm ups it was 10 lap pace line drill.

Next, Flying 200, this was to pair riders of the same speed together of the next event. Excellent result with 4 riders coming in under 20 secs and all the other very close to that mark.
Taku, Darani and Mia all posting PB’s, with Mia being 2 secs faster. Great work guys

Next, 2 lap match race. The riders were paired up and went head to head over two laps. Lizanne v Taku, Francis v Broughton, Rohan v Mia , Alison v Darani and Dexter slugging it out with Lizanne. This racing is all about tactics, not just an all-out sprint which some rider did. The closest races were between Francis and Broughton, Francis leading from the start in the first and chasing Bro till the home straight in the second, just passing over the line. Rohan must have been holding back in the flying 200 as the match up with Mia was not the best. Taku put in a great effort but was never going to bet Lizanne. And Alison and Darani had some good racing.

We closed the session with a Motor Pace with Bill, Chris and Tom leading the other riders, with Lizanne encouraging everyone to stay in the motorpace. Both Francis and Taku stayed till the end, Francis dropping off at 37kph and Taku spinning out at 40kph. Good work guys, only 4 months till you both can go up to 6.0 meter rollout.

Thanks to Bill, Chris and Tom for the Motorpace, John for starts, James of coaching and Lizanne for the session

Till next week

Colin

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 02 Aug 2012, 15:10

Taku did an excellent job in the match sprints!
Although i had speed and tactics on my side, i could see the brain thinking about how to beat me, and he never gave up. Maybe next time :D

James Rogers

Postby James Rogers » 02 Aug 2012, 15:43

If Taku had any energy left to do tactical analysis last night, I think he would have. But you ably got him to leave it all on the track, Lizanne!

Return to “Track”