DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 25 Jul 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 27 Jul 2012, 14:16

Hi All,

Another great turnout with 11 riders. Welcome back Rohan.
After a slow start due to shuffling bike between riders we started the session

After individual warm up and getting used to a different bikes it was Pace line drill. With Lizanne leading the older group consisting of Taku, Francis, Tess, Fabian and Alison swinging off the front on turn 1. The other group, Dexter, Rohan, Mia, Darani and Toby, swinging off the front on turn 3. Each group working well together keeping close to the wheel in front. Ending with each group having a sprint lap finish.

Next, the Jumper drill. Each rider having 2 turns each. The marker was my lunch box and only one rider rode over it. I had removed the banana but didn’t tell anyone so everyone laughed thinking my banana was squashed.

Next, Win & Out. After each sprint the win can leave the race so better to win early or you keep riding. The first sprint on lap 5 was won by Rohan, then the sprints on lap 8 by Taku, lap 11 by Fabian, lap 14 by Francis, lap 17 by Alison, lap 19 by Tess and the final sprint on lap 21 Mia almost caught Toby. Well done all but especially Toby and Mia rode the most, covering almost 7kms and still sprinted for the finish.

Lastly ½ Lap Time trail starting from the gate. Excellent times by all, as this was the first time we have run the ½ lap, doubling to compare with a full lap, Fabian was 1 sec faster and Tess 2 secs.

• News

Tom Bolton still leads Div 3 at RAW.

Thanks to Peter Teow, for your start gate help, James for timing and Lizanne for encouraging the rider to perform their best on the track.

Till next week

Colin

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 30 Jul 2012, 08:18

Also a HUGE Congrats to Chris, who is not only riding in div 1 this year, he is well and truly in the mix for all the races!
I'm so proud of all the Jr's and how well the represent the club at all levels.

Return to “Track”