Tempe tomorrow???

For all things Velodrome
Chris 249

Postby Chris 249 » 24 Jul 2012, 21:23

I was hoping to head on down to Tempe tomorrow, throw membership fees at someone and have a go at track riding on a Giant Bowery I was given.

I know it's late notice, but can anyone tell me whether people will be down there and out on the track if it's raining early tomorrow? I don't want to do rollers or RAW this week as I have a Cyclocross race at MWCC on Saturday.

Cheers

Chris

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 25 Jul 2012, 07:07

Chris

Membership happens through Cycling Australia http://www.cycling.org.au You can join there and print out the receipt and bring it along. You'll need to do that before hand. If you are planning to ride RAW at some stage, you'll need a gold (race) licence.

Training happens on Monday and Wednesday nights. The juniors will be on the track til about 6.30pm. Then it's open for the seniors. If it's raining, it's not safe to ride on the track as it is concrete and slippery. People will probably do rollers if the track is wet.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 25 Jul 2012, 08:32

If you have a Bowery, make sure it's track ready. drop bars, and no breaks.

looks like the weather is clearing. see ya there

Chris 249

Postby Chris 249 » 25 Jul 2012, 13:44

Thanks all.

I went to join on-line as advised, but found out that I couldn't join DH that way because of being a former member of RBCC. So I would have had to 1- send a transfer form to RBCC; 2 - get them to return it to me; 3- get it to DH; 4 - get it to CNSW; 5 - join DH. :shock: All to prove that I don't owe RBCC any money (although why I would, god knows).

No wonder Cycling Australia said that only a few people go through the whole palaver! So to avoid missing another few weeks racing (and commuting insurance) I've ended up back at RBCC. Bummer, as DH is a much more sociable club, but I've already missed the event I really wanted to join DHCC for. I'll wend my way through the transfer system next year.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 25 Jul 2012, 15:55

My understanding is that you only have to have a licence in order to ride with us at Tempe on a Monday or Wednesday night in a training capacity. It doesn't matter what club that race licence is with. You should be able to upgrade online with RBCC.

However, in order to ride for DHBC at a race meet etc. you will need to fill out the transfer form (and send it to me for signing incidentally).

And if you have a Cycling Australia licence (racing or social), you are welcome to ride with us on Saturday or Sunday mornings to Centennial Park and Waterfall. And we ask that within a few weeks you complete the transfer to DHBC.

Return to “Track”