DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 11 Jul 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 12 Jul 2012, 16:29

As everyone arrived at different times, it was individual warm ups then a pace line drill for 10 laps.

Next was Lead outs. Alison, Fabian, Taku and Francis. Then Tess, Broughton, Toby and Dexter and lastly Bill, Tom and Chris.

Then a 4 lap scratch race with Taku, Broughton, Fabian, Alison and Francis. Fabian first, the Taku and Broughton, Francis and Alison. The Tess and Toby with Tess coming in first.

Next a Motorpace with Bill, Tom and Chris acting as the motorcycle. Starting with 5 laps at 25kph and then increasing the speed each lap. It was great to see all riders trying to stay in the train, each rider pulling out when the going got too tuff. Of mention was Alison who she fell back but didn’t give up and Francis and Broughton who tried to get back onto the train as it came past. The final rider to drop off was when the speed was around 43kph, Taku ran out of gears and was spinning too much and Fabian needs to get fitter to keep up. Well done all.

Lastly, 1 lap TT. Some excellent times by all. Francis getting faster each week, another PB under 37 secs. Alison was 3 secs faster than last week, Broughton 2 secs faster and Taku fighting his demons to take part and put in a great time of 35.66. Tom being the fastest with 28.16

• News

Tom Bolton still leading Div 4 and RAW, when are they going to ask you to move to Div 3? Well done

Junior Development at RAW. The first is this Friday a Dunc Gray starting at 5:30. This will be for the u11, u13 and younger u13’s. I’m not sure of the program and cost but if you can make the trip out to DGV have a look/go and report back to me.

Also form David Willmot regarding training out at DGV
Hi everyone,

As Simon says – it all starts happening again next week. However there is a minor hitch but one which I think we can work around. We have the Tuesday 5-7pm slot for 17, 24, 31 July and 7 August, after that the NSWIS Endurance squad will need to resume that slot which has been generally allocated to them. (initially I thought it would not be needed until after Junior Worlds in August). The options are to simply do a 4 week block or to take Saturday at 11-1 after 7 August.

I know this would be a bit of a hiatus and may not suit everyone but please let me know what your thoughts are as I would love to get under way next week.

Because of lighting needed I am waiting to confirm costs also. However I expect that it will be $20 per session per athlete including coaching and track fee.

Cheers, David.
Thanks to Bill, Chris and Tom for you assistance

Hope you all enjoy the last few days of the school holidays

Next week train is back to the normal time of 5:30 so I’ll see you next week

Colin

Return to “Track”