DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 27 Jun 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 29 Jun 2012, 09:52

Hi All,

A warmer night than last Wednesday. We had 8 riders.

Broughton was back for the second go and he was accompanied by his older brother Fabien, Welcome Fabien and well done putting in the 110% effort on you first try out.

After individual warm ups, we tried the pace line in pairs drill. Alison and Francis, Tess and Darani and Mia with Toby. I lost count of the laps but I was waiting for Alison and Francis to catch Mia and Toby before the sprint lap to finish the drill.

At the same time Broughton and Fabien were warming up on the Warm up track and getting their bike set up. Then with Lizanne’s help performed a paceline drill.

Next was Catch the butch, this was 7 lap finishing with another sprint lap. With Tess just catching the butch before the sprint lap, well done Tess.

Lizanne then ran Broughton and Fabien through the same drill.

We finished off the session with 1 Lap time trial from the starting gate. Pat helped out by talking each rider though the stat process.
Times to note, Francis had a PB breaking 38 seconds and Toby was another PB getting in under 45 seconds, excellent results.
Also Fabien, this is the even he put in the 110% effort, I hope we see you back next week.
And great times by all the other riders and I was impressed by the effort put in by all to get out of the start gate at the beginning of their lap.

Another week and I think Broughton and Fabien can joint in the drills with the other riders. Subject to Fabien’s licence

• News

I am pleased to announce that the nominations for Male and Female captain have accepted the positions.
This year’s Female captain is Alison Wallace and Male captain Bill Bolton.
I like to be the first to congratulate you on your appointments and thank you for taking up the positions.

And again.
Cycling NSW are holding a U15 and U17 Track Training course out at Dunc Gray Velodrome on the Thursdays over the school holidays from 9 – 4
See http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?Page=46823 for more detail and the enrolment form

Also Race All Winter (RAW) is on each Friday night for the next 12 weeks.
I am trying to find out if there is any Juniors evens being run in conjunction, I’ll keep you posted
Should we organise a field trip to spectate, support the club seniors and enjoy the racing?

Training Next week. If it’s not raining, I’ll open up early so we can be on the track for 5, beat the cold. If it’s wet, trainer/roller session at the normal time.

Thanks to Lizanne and Pat for their assistance

Keep up the great work and enjoy the school holidays

Till next week

Colin

Return to “Track”