DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 21 Jun 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 21 Jun 2012, 16:26

Hi All,

T’was a cold night but we had 7 riders.

A Big welcome to Broughton Caley, a friend of Taku’s, great effort for your first time on the track.

With all this wet weather it was good to get out on the track.

After individual warm ups, with a lot of complaints about the cold, it was a paceline drill in pairs. Taku and Tess as the first pair and Mia and Darani the second. With each pair riding at their own pace. Mia and Darani almost court Taku and Tess on 2 occasions but Tess put the hammer down and she and Taku pulled away each time.

Next was a 4 lap scratch race with Taku starting ½ a lap behind. Taku came in first, followed by Tess, a wheel behind was Dexter and Darani just of the better of Mia

We finished the session with a Flying 200, great efforts by all.

In between the drills and racing Lizanne was coaching Broughton, after a quick intro on the warm up track, he was follow Lizanne around even up the banks. Hope to see you back next week.

• News

I have had nominations for both male and female captains, I will make the official announcement soon.

Cycling NSW are holding a U15 and U17 Track Training course out at Dunc Gray Velodrome on the Thursdays over the school holidays from 9 – 4
See http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?Page=46823 for more detail and the enrolment form

• For Sale

I had a note from Tallis’ Mother, Gaby, Unfortunately Tallis has decide not to ride track anymore so has a bike for sale. It’s a small Hillbrick in good condition for $400. If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I can pass on Gaby’s details if you don’t already know them.

Also Lizanne found this one today

https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycle ... /102079682 a small Fiji Track Pro for $500

• Reminder

Even if it’s raining, training is still on. Lizanne and I hold a roller/trainer session that you are all welcome to join in. We had two good sessions the last two rainy Wednesdays.

Also training will be held as normal over the school holidays.

Till Next Week

Colin

Return to “Track”