DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 30 May 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 01 Jun 2012, 11:28

Hi All

Another good turnout with 8 riders. The weather was warmer than has been on previous nights with no wind.

After individual warm ups, it was Motor Pace with Lizanne leading the group. The first 10 laps were at a constant 22kph and then the speed increased each ½ lap. All but Toby were hanging on as the speed got faster for the next 8 laps or so. Unfortunately, Francis touched wheels with Lizanne going into the 4th corner, coming down without injury. Lizanne had cranked the speed up to 33Kph at the time. Well done everyone for the effort to keep up with Lizanne.

Next, 1 Lap TT. With Caitlin going first. Francis straight back on the bike going second recording the fastest time for the night. Tess piped Alison, who had a horrendous start.

Next, Lead Outs. We split into two groups again, Alison, Francis and Tess then Mia, Darani and Toby. Great riding by all as the placing changed for each of the two drills by each group. The second run through were the closest finishes with Tess just getting the better of Alison and Darani coming from behind to overtake Toby just before the line.

Finishing the session with Dexter and Francis putting in good time for a flying 200

Great session by all, again putting in exceptional effort

• Reminders

Junior track male and female Captain – I have had one nomination of Alison Wallace for Female captain, can I have a second. As for the male captain, still awaiting a nomination, one of the Bolton boys, Hugo are you up for it again?

Cold weather - Time to get out your longs, jumpers and jackets, I’ll try and keep you moving so you don’t get cold.

Thanks again Lizanne for the help

Till next week

Colin

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 01 Jun 2012, 21:02

Dropped into the track on my way home and saw the juniors. Great stuff. Also saw Francis fall, I was actually talking to PeterT at the time. Full credit to Francis, he was back on the bike and ready for that TT lap.

I might have to bring the camera next time I visit, unless there are any objections?

Return to “Track”