DHCP Juniors Training, News and Statistics 9 May 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 10 May 2012, 14:48

Hi All,

We were greeted with a mild and still evening, great for the track riding.

Excellent turnout with 9 riders. We started with a paceline drill but instead of peeling off on the home straight, we moved to the 3rd turn so up the back and back down to join the end of the paceline. Lizanne helped out by ride up high and giving instructions to all as the drill progressed. Thanks Lizanne.

Next, an 8 lap scratch race. This sure Taku and Cait vying for line honours, with Cait getting the better by 1 second. Taku now has some competition. With Alison third and Francis forth. And some confusion at the rear so I’ll give Mia, Darani and Toby the same time. Great effort by all.

Then on to the individual Pursuit. Cait v Taku, Alison v Francis, Mia v Darani Toby v Caitlin. Good to see everyone putting in their best efforts with some great times.

Finishing the session with a miss ‘n out, we had some confusion so we’ll have to run this event again. But great rides by Alison and Cait.

We seemed to speed through the session, well it when quick for me.

Thanks to all the helpers for the starts, timing and encouragement to the riders.

Reminders

I am still awaiting nominations for the 2012 Junior track male and female Captains. As stated previously, these positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

Till next week
Let’s hope the cold weather stays away

Colin

Return to “Track”