DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 25April 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 26 Apr 2012, 15:37

Hi All,

Another great turnout with most people arriving around 4pm. Great to see Michelle back and on her bike and Taku, we missed you both

Also good to see that some of the parents can to ride, congrats to Peter and Cynthia, Francis’ mum and dad, James, Taku’s dad and David, Tody’s dad for all having a go. Peter, Francis’ bike is too small for you!

After warming up, Michelle lead and then coached a paceline drill with Toby, Alison, Mia, Tess, Darani and Taku.

Tonight I decided to work on endurance as most to the pervious sessions had been focusing on sprints and short races so out came the lap counter board and bell for a 30 lap points race with a sprint lap every 5 laps. First congrats to all for completing 30 lap in one go, excellent effort. Taku showed that even though he hasn’t been coming to the track, by doing Saturday Slowies, he has gotten faster. Aided by Michelle as his personal coach, he lapped the field 5 times during the race. Francis was a late starter but managed to lap the field 3 times and give Taku some competition for part of the race. Alison got the better of the field 2 times and did manage to get onto Taku’s wheel for a few laps. Tess dug deep near the end so Taku didn’t get a 6th lap. Mia, Darani, Tess and Toby all got points for their sprinting efforts. As the riders are all of different ages and so different abilities they all won their own races, really great for the first time at running this event. I hope everyone enjoyed it and I think next time the results may be different as field now know what to do.

The cold evening got to everyone so we ended the session as the older Juniors turned up, Michelle stayed to overlook as Alex, fitted the new bike, Thomas, Bill, Chris, Pat and dad, Martin, ran their own training .

Caitlin put in some individual laps on an almost empty track and I even got a few lap in.

Now to the reminders

• tonight DHBC AGM 8pm

The Annual General Meeting of the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club will be held beneath the Canterbury Velodrome (Tempe Track). All members are welcome to attend. We will be calling for nominations for the following executive positions and encourage all members to think about their ability to contribute to the club:
President,Vice-President.Secretary,Treasurer,Public Officer,Track Captain,Road Captain.

• Junior Track Captains
Nominations are now open for the DHBC 2012 Junior Track male and female Captains. These positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

Till next week
So it’s feeling as though winter here so get out the warmer riding cloths for next week.

Colin

Return to “Track”