DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 4 April 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 05 Apr 2012, 12:24

Hi All,

Firstly, a huge Thank You to Michelle for all her great work. Also the BBQ was a great success and enjoyed by all.

The Training Session

A great night for riding, Autumn is here and the nights are clear and warm. We had 7 starters but while warming up Francis can a cropper due to a mechanical. Hopefully the new Bike is OK and we’ll see Francis and Peter back next Wednesday. Only a few grazes and a little blood. Next Wednesday I’ll run a quick session on inspecting bikes before they go on the track. I know we’re all keen to ride but safety comes first.

After the warm up I thought I try some new training drills. First was a reverse paceline, the back marker comes to the front, with Alison, Mia and Toby. They got the hang of it very quickly and finish with a sprint for the line with Alison piping Mia by the smallest of margins. Next Dexter completed a 1 lap sprint in a good time of 43:39. Then another new drill “catch the bunch”, where the bunch rides around and one ride sprints ahead joining the back of the bunch. Again Alison, Mia and Toby performed this drill.
Next everyone completed a 1 lap screamer using the start gate with Alison .4 of a second faster than Darani, how had been resting for the start of the session. Good times by all. As the older Juniors were pacelining, we finished with another catch the bunch with Alison, Mia and Darani.

Reminders

• 26 April DHBC AGM 8pm

The Annual General Meeting of the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club will be held beneath the Canterbury Velodrome (Tempe Track). All members are welcome to attend. We will be calling for nominations for the following executive positions and encourage all members to think about their ability to contribute to the club:
President,Vice-President.Secretary,Treasurer,Public Officer,Track Captain,Road Captain.

• Junior Track Captains

Nominations are now open for the DHBC 2012 Junior Track male and female Captains. These positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

• DHBC Lionel Cox Memorial Sprint Derby Omnium - 4pm April 21

Pat is organising this month's Omnium, See http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3037
All Juniors with racing licences are welcome

Till next week

Colin

Return to “Track”