Muswellbrook track open brief photo report....

For all things Velodrome
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 11 Nov 2007, 02:07

Well we had another excellent night out at the track. This time it was the journey up north west to muswellbrook for a hit out on tone of the smallest velodromes in oz. Sadly there was no wheel race but we did have an opening scratch race, sprint derby and final, team pursuit, missing out and final scratch race.

As for the attendees it was an all Llewellyn affair fro DH with me and Tim the contenders and dad watching. Tim was in B grade and myself in A grade. I think that for Tim this was one of his best opens to date. He had a strong ride in the team pursuit with his team taking the honours and put on a suburb move in his derby heat only to be found short of the line. I finished second in my derby heat and placed fourth in the final, whilst we won our team pursuit against team Newcastle.

It really looked like rain and we had a back up plan of the RSL, however true to our recent good luck the rain was threatening to down pour but never occured.

We were all primed for another good night out....

The warm up...

The dizziness feeling of a 165m velodrome.. & it did provide the motion sickness affect at times...

The racing... Tim in his opening scratch race, with Amy just in front...

The A grade Field....

The team spirit...

The beauty...

& finally the mysticism of Muswellbrook! What a magical place to race!!!....

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 11 Nov 2007, 09:28

well done Simon and Tim... Some good results for you both. The photos look fabulous. The Muswellbrook velodrome has a real aura. Can you ride there anytime?

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 11 Nov 2007, 09:43

It has a barbwire fence around it which I assume is locked unless in use, but they race Friday nights there from what I understand and must train during the week. It is definitely something you have to do! But maybe the open next year is the best goer...

fixedgear

Postby fixedgear » 12 Nov 2007, 15:27

There are a couple of panels missing from the colourbond fence around the back, this the apparent 'after hours' entrance.

I had a ball on this little 165m track, it was a pity that 'B' grade was so widely split on ability, I got lapped and withdrawn all too quickly in the 40 lap scratch race. On such a small track there was enough entries to split 'B' grade into 'B' and 'C' grade to make it better for all.

Return to “Track”