Sunday afternoon @ Canterbury Velodrome

For all things Velodrome
lindsay

Postby lindsay » 09 Nov 2007, 11:48

I'm running a bike maint session on Sunday afternoon at Tempe... I've booked it for 2 hours between 2 & 4pm. We'll be using the grandstand area.

However the track which is also part of the deal won't be used. Soooooo, if anyone wants to use it, it's there for us. Perhaps some secret training?? Or practice waving to the crowd after you win the big wheelrace.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 09 Nov 2007, 15:01

If I"m awake post Mussewelbrook drive I might make an appearance.....

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 11 Nov 2007, 21:03

How did the workshop go?

Grant Bond

Postby Grant Bond » 12 Nov 2007, 12:06

Thanks for putting on a fantastic workshop Lindsay (and Adrian).
Im pretty sure I wont have to fix a puncture for Gillian ever again..!!!

I think its great that as a club we have people who are willing to spend the time to teach these sorts of skills, not for gain but for the joy of seeing others achieve their goals.

I really consider that we have something special going on in this club at the moment. We may not be a club of champions but i think we have a great culture of cooperation and support.

Im not sure but maybe in the end by acting as a community rather than as competitive individuals we all achieve more!

Im know that after yesterdays session we have 5 or 6 more riders who have the confidence to spread their wings a little further than before, safe in the knowledge that they can get themselves home.

Great work Gents.

Return to “Track”