DHCP Juniors News Training 18 Jaruary 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 20 Jan 2012, 08:26

Another great turnout for my first coaching session.

We started the session with warm ups and a bit of follow the leader which lead into a paceline drilled and again finishing with speed were Alison and Tess this time joined by Darani. Next I had everyone following Pat around the track moving up and down the backing, getting everyone us to the feel of acceleration as they drop down the banks.

Welcome to Dexter and dad Alister, after a couple of laps of the warm up area, Dexter was flying around the track, I had to ask him to slow down a couple of times!

Then we tried 1 lap screamer, Tess coming in first followed by Mia and getting third was Dexter, great riding on his first time out. This was followed by a 2 lap scratch race, I go so excited, I forgot to write the times down. Good work by the Wallace sisters to go 1, 2 and 3 then Dexter and Zeke, Darani sat this one out due to a flat tyre

Then after a short break, me working out the handicaps using the 1 lap screamer times. We were set of a 2 lap handicap. Darani coming across the line first, closely followed by Zeke then Dexter, a sort way behind. Followed by Alison, Mia and Tess not far behind. Good effort by all. I think Darani used the flat tyre to her advantage, taking a longer break

Looking back over the past recorded times, everyone is improving. Keep up the good work

See you all next week

Colin

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 20 Jan 2012, 08:45

Congrats Colin!
if you need any helpers, both me and Pat will usually be down early.

As a BTW,
Does anyone have a few spare tubes (either good or in need of patching) a couple of the Jr bikes are in need of love, and new tubes to fix several flats. any donations of spare tubes are more than welcome.

rhys

Postby rhys » 20 Jan 2012, 14:47

Maybe next time we have a training session we could take stock of what needs to be done to get a few of the bikes rolling, and have a night time working bee or something.
There are maybe 700 bikes in that shed that I've never seen anyone ride. Do we know who owns them all?

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 20 Jan 2012, 14:52

from doing work with the jr's i know most of the bikes, and all the missing parts, ther have been heaps of donations and we should be able to put many of them together. i'm all up to work on them. it find it fun.
it's mostly broken rear wheels and cogs, a few missing chain rings, flats, poped tubulars, and missing saddles/seat posts.
i think we also need skinny handlebars, (there are heaps of stems). and maybe some new bar tape.

Return to “Track”