DHBC Juniors Training and News 20 July 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 21 Jul 2011, 15:01

Hi everyone,

Well done all of you who turned out for indoor training in the face of horrible weather! Medals to Lizanne, Ewan, Chris, Hugo Venville, Bill and Tom Bolton, Oscar Leppan and Liam Doyle and a special welcome to Guiellmo Borghini who is visiting from Italy. Thanks to Phil Kelly and Chris Venville for directing training and Donna Bolton - the one woman junior cycling promotions wonder! :D

Track Fees
Aurthur asked me to remind you that the club charges $5.00 track fees for each training session whether indoors or outdoors. Please pop you money in the jar provided, or see me if you've forgotten or are short one week. The fee helps to pay for the hire of the facilities and equipment maintenance so we can all keep enjoying our cycling. Thanks in advance for your help with this one.

Competition
I've heard a report that the Boltons turned out for the club omnium last Satruday and that Simon Bolton (father of Bill and Tom) had a win - can anyone confirm? :?:

Statistics
None this week as we trained indoors

Thanks
To everyone who helps set up the session and puts their equipment back where it belongs. Many hands make light work.

Equipment
Don't forget to pack you drink bottle for training. It's easy to dehydrate even on a raining Winter evening - especially if we're doing a roller session. If you leave something at training the ever gorgeous lost property fairy usually puts it aside for you, so don't forget to look in the shed or canteen for your items. Thank you lost property fairy.

Licences
The mystery of Ewan's missing licence appears to have been sorted - he should be receiving his card through the mail shortly. Now for the mystery of Tony Achjian's missing pedals. I'll keep you posted.

Forum
For all the latest news on DHBC competitions don't forget to log into the DHBC website forum and get the low down! http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/

El Presidente :(
Simon Llewellyn is recovering from an operation for a broken collar bone suffered in a fall while racing for the club (not as a result of a chop from Wendy Deng as has been rumoured). We wish you a speedy recovery and return to racing, but in the meantime hope you kick-back a little.

That's all for now,
Till Next Time,
enjoy the Tour de France!
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”