DHBC Juniors Training & News 16th February 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 17 Feb 2011, 13:46

Hi Everyone,

We had a great show of 12 riders to training on Wednesday night. Welcome to Peter Livingtone a potential new junior member for the DHBC Club. Training concentrated on sprints. Two firsts for Tom B and one to John in the younger riders events. A more mixed result in the older riders with Bill Bolton, Alex Kapurziak and Chris Hageman each taking a first. Flying 200m times continue to improve - well done everyone. Unfortunately a crash ended the older riders Miss & Out race prematurely, but I'm happy to say Hugo T recovered to make it to school on Thursday morning, minus some skin! The Junior riders Miss & Out was won by Tom Bolton with John in second. Thanks to Phil, Brian, and Rhett for organising, records and coaching on the night. :mrgreen:

DHBC Riders also trained on Monday in their lead up to the U17 Pursuit titles at Dunc Gray on the 26th of February. Results, including some Flying 200m times have been emailed as usual - if you're not on the list and want to me - drop me a line.

Extra Curricula Activities
I'm pleased to report that the two Hugos - Venville & Thompson both completed the inaugural Warrior Dash on the Central Coast last Saturday. It was a hoot by all accounts and they now have T-Shirts, medals and furry hats with horns to prove it!

Collective Wishing
Please all put your thoughts together for Chris Hageman's bike to be freed from customs soon so he can ride it in the team pursuit. :evil:

That's all for this week,
till next time - keep rolling!

Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”