DHBC Juniors Training & News 11th November 2010

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 11 Nov 2010, 17:07

Hi all,
A slightly rain delayed training session at Tempe on Wednesday night, but a productive one never-the-less. Medals to Hannah, Bill, Tom and Hugo V. who all turned up to practice their individual Time Trial starts from the gate. An extra medal to Hugo Venville, who turned up in the torrential downpour on Monday night for a roller session... great committment! Stats have been emailed as usual. Thanks to Hugo Thompson for helping with the timing and Phil as always for dedication to the cause.

Extra fantastic to see dads Chris Venville and Simon Bolton putting in some sessions as well.

Gong Gongs
Congratulations to the DHBCJuniors, Hugo V., Seamus, Alexander & Hugo T. who completed their first (90k) Sydney to Gong ride. They did it in good time and great style, despite the crowds and the temptation of muffin stops (that's stops not tops). Should we do the double next year then? Congratulations also to dads Liam O'Sullivan and Victor Kapruziak who also did the 90K. Hope that knee's feeling better now Victor. DHBC put in a great team effort on fundraising as well. Nice to pass Evan Pignatelli (SX Junior) on the road - actually he passed me! See you at the track sometime soon we hope Evan.

Racing
We've entered the State Team Sprint Titles for the U17s, so it's really important we put in a big training effort Mondays until the race on the 5th of December. If it's raining well do a roller session. The team is Adolfo, Bill and Hugo V. with Hageman in reserve. We have until the 19th of November to make any changes. Train hard and good luck on the day.

Southern Cross Junior Track Open
A great day of track racing is coming up on our home turf. The SX Junior Open will be held at Tempe Velodrome on the 11th of December from 2pm. It would be great to see as many DHBC Juniors riders as possible support the event by entering. There'll be races including scratch, elimination, handicap and point score for U9 to U17. Entries and further information on line at:
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /10259.htm

Southern Cross is also hosting the Junior Metropolitan Track Championships on the same day starting 10am. Info and entries on line at:

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /10258.htm

Races for age groups U9 - U17 Time Trial, Sprint Derby and Scratch. Please note there is prize money for both events and ENTRIES CLOSE ON THE 5TH OF DECEMBER.

XMas Party
The DHBC official Christmas bash looks like happening on the 16th of December at the Newington Hotel, Petersham. Pencil in that date and I'll let you know when it's confirmed. I think it'd be nice to have a Wednesday night Junior track Christmas bash as well. We could do a BBQ, or get pizza in and present the point score prizes. What do people think - and if it's a goer, which Wednesday?

DHBC Women
In an effort to improve the gender balance in the club, DHBC is having a women's catch up after the slowies ride on Saturday 27th of November at Centennial Park. Cup cakes provided if you fund your own coffee. Be part of this historic event and why not bring along a friend!

Road
The club is making some changes to the start times for the Sunday Waterfall ride bunches to improve safety - see the DHBC website for more information. Juniors getting more involved in road racing, don't forget the Southern Cross Sunday crtis are a good place to get a start. There are plenty of juniors racing, it's well run and has a good atmosphere. Details on their website at: http://www.southerncrosscc.com.au/index ... &Itemid=57

Let me know if you want to go out as a group one Sunday.

Qualifications
You'll all be thrilled to know I'm now an accredited Cycleskills Coach and have achieved my Senior First Aid Certificate. Thanks to the club for putting me through the courses.

That's all for now,
Keep rolling,
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors officer
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”