DHBC Training & New 26th August 2010

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 26 Aug 2010, 15:59

Hi Everybody,

Another good roll up this week for training, with eight DHBC regulars. Looking forward to seeing the Southern Cross riders and Henry Baird back soon. Thanks as always to Phil Kelly and Donna Bolton for a fun and challenging session, which this week concentrated on Derbies and Lead Outs. Results have been emailed.

Racing
Clever Hugo Venville has won a set of pedals at the RAW series. Well done you! :D

Recreational Riding
Alex Kapruziak and his dad have signed up for the Sydney to Gong Ride. Any other takers?

Licences & Clothing
Just about eveyone has a club jersey now, so thanks for buying one and helping to support and promote the club. Congratulations to the Bolton Brothers who've upgraded to racing licences and shouldn't be too far away from their first official race - perhaps at one of the remaining RAW meets. Many thanks to Camilla, who's organising the upgrades before she goes away. Camilla will be able to take other licence renewal and upgrade applications when she returns from her trip in late September. The cost for a racing licence for the juniors is U9-U13 $66 and U15/U17 $125. Non-racing licences for the new season are $15 for U9-U13 and $55 for U15/U17. If you upgrade soon you will be covered for the rest of this year and the whole of 2011.

New Faces
We have a new rider called Adrian to welcome. He's a strapping lad aged 18 years, and a little more research will show whether he's in the U19 or U23 racing category. I've invited him to train with the juniors next week while he gets used to the track. So please make him feel welcome if he takes up the offer.

Old Faces
You'll be pleased to know that Hugo Thompson is recovering well from an unexpected appendectomy on Tuesday morning. Doctor says he won't have to wait too long till he's back on the bike again.

Extracurricula Activities
I'm going to be busy next week helping produce "Ibrox High Voltage the Musical" - premiering next Thursday and Friday night at Leichhardt High School. As you know Hugo, Hugo and Seamus are all involved. I'll let you know by email, if I can't make it to Wednesday training.

Gongs
Everyone gets a medal this week - you're all winners!

Keep Rolling,
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

timyone

Postby timyone » 26 Aug 2010, 16:02

hugo won the pedals at the ride for life, that was a road criterium race in centenial park.

far out about the appendectomy!!! hope hes ok!!

michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 09 Sep 2010, 15:19

Oops sorry Hugo... note to self - get facts straight!

Return to “Track”